It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Might have Contracted swine flu..ANYONE have asthma, and got swine flu yet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Like people have said its not "THAT BIG A DEAL"...it just feels like tHIS FLU hit me like a ton of bricks.
The thing that is scary for me is...i have chronic asthma...and already breathing is very difficult for me. I can literally only breath in for half a sec-sec, and my lungs feel "FULL" already...very short small breaths...and its already making my chest hurt...and feeling light headed, as if i am having a VERY BAD ASTHMA attack.
Im going to take a breathing treatment, with my albuteral sulfate capsules (opens your airway)
but to my AMAZING surprise...my mother (the letdown of the century) didn't re-order our asthma meds 2 months ago, like she told everyone she did.
So i only have 2 capsules...and i usually go threw 10 a day, when i have the flu.
All my other siblings have asthma as well...and they usually go threw the same amount...so u do the math.
lol this is why SOME PEOPLE aren't fit to be parents lol

anyhow, its not THAT serious...im taking some multi symptom pills, as well as nyquil. Drinking liquids and taking breathing treatments...so we'll see how it turns out.

ANY ASHTMATICS that have, or had swine flu on ats?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
get some Bronkaid from your local pharmacy, it is amazing for asthma (It's a pill too!). I actually prefer it over the inhalers. It's behind the counter, but you don't need a prescription.... You might have to be 18 or older to buy it, as it has a precursor to meth in it, and it makes you quite high. don't drive or operate heavy machinery lol

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
A friend recently had swine flu and suffers from asthma. He disappeared for 2 weeks before he contacted us to say he'd just spent 10 days confined tro a hospital bed. Scarey. Don't take any chances, if you think you have it you are a high risk patient. Get medical advice asap.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
My girlfriend is an asthmatic and we got the swine flu in April. I actually had worse of a time of it than she did. She was down for about four days, I was bad off for about eight.

She did have to go to the hospital for a nebulizer treatment, though. I could have given her the treatment here but it seems that didn't have any 100% 02 here.
Within ten minutes of the treatment she was fine.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I got "diagnosed" with swine flu a few weeks ago, turns out i had a viral infection but was prescribed tamiflu which made me unbelievably more sick than i was already feeling!!!

I think this has been blown out of all proportion as anyone with any kind of flu type illness is automatically diagnosed with SWINE FLU by some random person sat on his ass at the other side of the country who would have know (had he asked) that i didn't have swine flu as my temperature had never got high enough and probably a good many other questions could have been asked to determine if it is actually the H1N1 virus

Half of the numbers or more are probably people like me who have been diagnosed incorrectly .... its just another way for the governments to scare us into thinking theres a pandemic ... lets not forget bird flu, mad cow diesease, sars, avion flu, foot and mouth ... the list is endless!!!!

new topics

top topics

join