It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forced Catheterization Used In DUI Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Forced Catheterization Used In DUI Case

blacklistednews.com

Lockard and his attorney claim in the suit that police took him to Dearborn County Hospital and forced him to submit to a urine and blood test.

Police said they obtained a warrant, but Lockard's attorney said his client was shackled to a gurney and had a catheter inserted against his will.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is a first for me... I'm almost speechless, then comes the outrage.

If what Lockard claims is true, dear god help this man win his case.

While I have never had a to use a catheter, I understand it is most uncomfortable when youre willing to have one but to be restrained and forced?! *shivers*

Even if they got a warrant they had no right to shove a catheter into this mans body to obtain his urine.

I've heard patience is a virtue. Seems these cops dont have that.

blacklistednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: Seems the original story was moved on the News Net 5 website. You can find it here.

[edit on 9/5/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
If this is true, the whole case can can be thrown out on Constitutional grounds. The Supreme Court once ruled that it was unconstitutional for cops to pump someone's stomach that they suspected of swallowing drugs because such behavior shocked the consciense, and thus violated the 14th amendment due process clause. Similarly, forcing a catheter in someone shocks the conscience and is unconstitutional.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I would also sue the medical personel. They are performing a completely unnecessary procedure on a patient. Police has no authority to force such. What ever happened to 'do no harm'?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Be afraid, folks. If thus stands up in court and a warrant suddenly permits forced catheterization and forced blood collection, then forced vaccination can no longer be considered a violation of Constitutional rights by the court so long as "public safety" is used as the rationale.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

I thought this amendment was pretty self-explanatory. This is a case of blatant violation of an individual's rights.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The really telling part is that when he refused and in the end the test came back under the legal limit he was still charged with obstruction of justice. So here you have a guy who has broken no laws and who defends his rights being charged anyway. There are few very dangerous 'laws' that the police can abuse on a whim as shown by this case. Those being such as 'obstruction of justice', 'disorderly conduct' and 'failure to obey a lawful order'.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
The really telling part is that when he refused and in the end the test came back under the legal limit he was still charged with obstruction of justice. So here you have a guy who has broken no laws and who defends his rights being charged anyway. There are few very dangerous 'laws' that the police can abuse on a whim as shown by this case. Those being such as 'obstruction of justice', 'disorderly conduct' and 'failure to obey a lawful order'.

Yeah, that's that a cop coming to your door and wanting to check your home. You ask to see a warrant. The cop forces his way in, doesn't find anything, yet he arrests you for obstruction of justice.

The Bill of Rights mean nothing to the government.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Soon they will be stick needles through our abdomens and into our bladder to get the urine.

It isn't like urine just comes out if you give it enough time - force must always be use now. The more viscous and cruel they can be in the exertion for this force; the better.

At least that's what the paramilitaries seem to think.

*I won't be referring to the paramilitaries as police or cops any longer. They are paramilitaries and I refuse to participate in this dangerous charade of pretending that they are not.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I got arrested 1 time coming away from a party in a field (UK). It was a way to where I'd parked & they must have had the place under surveillance because as soon as I started the engine they were all over me from the bushes.
So they arrested me on suspicion of driving on drugs, I forget the exact law. But I had to go to the station to give a urine sample. Well, I wasn't on anything, I just hadn't slept for about 36hrs & I'd had a load of Red Bull. Anyhoo, I could hardly squeeze any out because this looming pig was stood over me staring @my knob. I mean I'm no blushing violet but flipping embarrassing, you know?
I mean, its pretty & all that, but there are limits!
They still wouldn't believe me tho so I had to give a blood test too before they'd let me go. Otherwise they were going to keep me locked up until some senior pig could sign off on forcing me to have blood taken. So they got the blood & then kicked me out @ about 6am Sunday, 12 miles from my car, freezing, no jacket - I had to walk because nobody @the party was answering their phone: obviously.
Yeah, catheter up the member sounds worse, but you know, if they're that kind of person that takes everything personally, they'll do absolutely anything they can get away with to make your life unpleasant for sheer spite

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Man, that's wild. Unless you're in San Francisco, these American doctors are just as moral as those Israelis that cut open Palestinians for body parts.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I'm so sick of the police in this country. They are so out of control it blows my mind.

A few months back I was arrested for disorderly conduct while I was drunk. I didn't resist physically, but you better believe I gave them an earful. They claimed I was suicidal which I most certainly wasn't and hauled me into a cell and stripped me bare-ass naked. It was purely for revenge for me personally insulting each and every one of them at the jail.

Last night a friend of mine got got pulled over for driving without a license. She called me to come pick her up and move her car to a parking lot so it wouldn't get towed. The Elijah Wood looking punk told me that I'd had ten minutes to get there, but I didn't make it on time so the tow company had already been called. I showed him the time that the call was made and that I had made it on time, but he refused anyway.

He said it was policy and I asked him if it was the law and he acted like he didn't know the difference. So I called his seargent who informed me the policy was in place so they could get the cops back out on the road quickly.

I said that if that was what was important then they would have let me move the car instead of waiting for tow truck.
Oh and the douchbag tow truck driver almost ran over the poor girl backing up to hook up her car.

The cops certainly have a role to play in society, but it seems like they overstep their boundaries on a regular basis.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by milesp]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
What happened to the days when the cop on the street was the neighborhood protector?...knew everyone and everyone knew him. He was as much a part of the neighborhood fabric as the local 7-11 retailer or the clergy at our places of worship?

Now...just thugs bent on submitting us to their will and their version of democracy.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Maybe that's just it. Cops get too detached from the neighborhoods and that leads to the 'us vs. them' syndrome we're seeing. If cops patrol neighborhoods where everyone knows them they might think twice before breaking the law or bending it to their perversions.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Yea, they should all be charged with rape or something, would that be like unwilling sexual penatration with froreign object?

top topics

join