It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

evolution?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be funny if both were right.
Evolution occurs, but sometime it's interfered with, resulting in the jumping forward of species.

I digress.
You are correct is stating that this is a losing battle.
We have reached a stalemate.

We shall agree to disagree, and go our own ways.
Have a nice day, and GOD BLESS!!
It's been enlightening.

///////////////
end
//////////////

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by make.changes
reply to post by OzWeatherman

i can still be loving and tell you that you are wrong.

Tell me Im wrong? So my opinion is wrong? How can someone have a wrong opinion? You're a complete lunatic

thats exactly what parents do, the correct and guide you. yes i know many gay peaople and i certainly dont hate them i could talk to them easily with no problems. your just gonna have to take my word because im like this with all of the people i meet, i just come across different when typing over when i actually talk to people.

And I bet you try to turn them straight dont you

Typical of you fundamentalist types

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Evolution takes millions of years and it's from random mutations in cells. The survival of the fittest makes the "good" ones spread to the next generations and the bad ones not spread. It even happes in human ideas. If a human says I want to make a candy shop in the middle of Iraq, it won't do well, but if they wan't to make a candy shop will do well somewhere else. Survival of the fittest applies to everything.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by make.changes

I hope this is genuine, and not an attempt to court controversy...

Humans being the 'dominant' species due to their tedency to kill anything and everything that lives is NOT biologically advantageous, imo, as it promotes dependency on other species, which is a bad idea, long-term.

Your measurements and conclusions make absolutely no sense to me. There is no evolution scale from which to measure off of...evolution is a continual process. It doesn't stop until a species goes extinct.

As for random mutation, I certainly find it interesting...I personally don't believe humans evolved from apes in the way that most people believe. The bridge in genetics and nature is simply TOO wide to occur in such a short time span. My guess is that something/someone did some engineering of their own, or that, at the very least, some sort of bizarre cross-breeding occured between primates and god knows what else. We can only speculate what happened back in the good old day of ape escapes...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

reply to post by OzWeatherman

i can still be loving and tell you that you are wrong.

Tell me Im wrong? So my opinion is wrong? How can someone have a wrong opinion? You're a complete lunatic

thats exactly what parents do, the correct and guide you. yes i know many gay peaople and i certainly dont hate them i could talk to them easily with no problems. your just gonna have to take my word because im like this with all of the people i meet, i just come across different when typing over when i actually talk to people.

And I bet you try to turn them straight dont you

Typical of you fundamentalist types

sorry your opinion can be wrong compared to what ive learned; to what you havent experienced : )

nope i dont try to change the homos you scientists have them convinced its a disease. its hard to tell them what to do when the devil has them convinced they are doing the right thing. there fore they think what they are doing is not wrong. and it generally means most homos are athiests, weird coincidence Eh...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

nope i dont try to change the homos you scientists have them convinced its a disease. its hard to tell them what to do when the devil has them convinced they are doing the right thing. there fore they think what they are doing is not wrong. and it generally means most homos are athiests, weird coincidence Eh...

As I suspected, this is some paltry attempt to stir up some trouble...you sound like something that crawled out of the lower end of the IQ bracket. Your opinion amounts to nothing when it consists of ignorance and bigotry. How unfortunate.

I hope, for your sake, that you're just a troll, and not an actual fundamentalist.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by VergeofObscene

actuallly i have a nice big 127 IQ nice huh no lie by the way thats means im in the top 5 % in the country . but anyways experience by people who've actually seen more to life then you could have ever experienced in your life or ever will makes me a far greater speaker of truth and knowledge then you could ever be. and who cares if i have horrible grammar, and whats the point to your science to disprove god, or what because we all know you will never figure out all this knowledge in the universe. and by the way us progressing towards science could very well make us all abandoned.just to try to think like you know better than god, then eventually a disaster will strike and science wont be able to fix the problem. and god wont be their or there to help you.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Silly troll. Come out from underneath your decaying bridge, and allow all to see your hideousness.

Fyi, homophobia, irrationality, and a fearful faith in what you are told to believe are symptoms of an unthinking mind. People who think they know everything are really the ones that know nothing, as your post proves. Your pseudo-spiritual gluck stems from cosmic uncertainty, so you are in NO position to claim superior knowledge/experience or whatever...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
you bet your seet butt i am seeming how i Am much more older than you, have much more experience, and this isnt pseudo-spiritual crap, i am not homophobic but you are quick to judge, you must feel that you know much more then me without the experience, ehh so give up the act and your new age hippy bull sh!# it leads the world into no where but trouble, youd gladly give up god for peace.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

i have come to inform you that evolution is completly wrong and doesnt exist,. we will first start with the fact that scientists state that evolution is based on the supposed truth that evolution is supposed to be for the need to change fyi monkeys walking upright son they could see further and into the bushes. ill state that this is impossible because humans are the dominant species killing off multiple species and the ones that need to change would be the animals, but the animals arent evolving are they. they are being killed off at an alarming rate. fyi would supposedly mean that they would have to evolve faster. they are not evolving one bit they remain in there origional forms. and scientists are stating that humans are gonna evolve which doesnt make sense with their theory, because humans would have no need to change because of their dominance over other animal.

this means in my opinion that genisis was real everything that was said in genisis is real.

science much like scientology was made up just to make people think that they knew about something they could never know without the faith which some athiests state is to hard to have; because they could never hold conviction for something that couldnt be proven except for the person that created the universe.

Has electricUniverse got a new account ?
This sounds suspiciously like electtricUniverse, has all the hallmarks. Could be worth checking into....just saying.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
nope just me good ol me obcourse your post will probably be deleted but where is the trust my dear friend

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

then eventually a disaster will strike and science wont be able to fix the problem. and god wont be their or there to help you.

Like when he was there to help stop the black death or smallpox?

Oh but then science dealt with the latter didn’t it.

When have we seen belief in god do anything like that? IIRC even in the bible the only thing god seems to do is kill huge swathes of people.

[edit on 31-8-2009 by Mike_A]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
alls they had to do was to be truthfully sorry and not to caught up in their pride, anyways often they deserve what they get, and pay attention one time they are gonna get that science wont be able to fix.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So if anything bad happens they deserved it? So all the little toddlers, the innocents all deserved the black death? All those three month olds were just too full of pride were they?

And in answer to the question when has god shown he is up to the same standard as science (i.e. wiping out a disease with the intent of halting human suffering) the answer is … never.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I support the OP and also believe in creation rather than evolution. Of course, neither is provable, so it's a moot point. Both have strong arguments IMHO and it can go either way. However, that being said, it is obvious that one is scientifically based, and the other is faith-based.

There is a common ground where one can believe in both evolution and creation. Many have found that common ground. There is no need to bash the OP.

Those who are bashing the OP are not aware that there is a common ground to believe in both. Perhaps we should start here to deny ignorance....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join