It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Speech Police Shutdown Top You Tube Videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
A video on TheAlexJonesChannel on YouTube has been taken down– not due to claims of copyright infringement or etc.– but due to alleged violations of the You Tube “Community Guidelines“:

We encourage free speech and defend everyone’s right to express unpopular points of view. But we don’t permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).
This suspension is apparently based on complaints that the video is “racist”– as numerous comments posted below the now suspended video titled “Obama JOKER $1000 Video Contest: The establishment will go nuts!!!,” as well as several other copies of the video, indicate.

One such Obama Brownshirt censor using the handle “barackobamaexpress”advocated:

barackobamaexpress: For anyone who reads this; if you want to do your part today – something patriotic today, report this video to Youtube administration. Alex Jones promotes racism, and fearmongering. He’s a known liar.

This is startling not only because the video– critical of President Obama’s policies– mentions nothing at all about race, but because You Tube is evidently willing to censor simply on the basis of receiving a significant number of complaints– not on the basis of whether or not its terms are upheld.
There is no violation of the so-called ‘hate speech’ guidelines, but rather it is clear that one too many people seeking to remove the video and attack the account submitted fraudulent complaints.

Alex Jones is currently considering further action to restore the video and protect his free speech. Please support this fight against political thuggery, and remember that if we don’t band together to stop yet another out of control administration, then we’ll all hang separately later if things are allowed to go to extremes. This brown shirt mentality was not confined only to the Nazis, but has cropped up throughout history. We cannot allow cult followers of Obama to be transformed into the next Maoist China, Stalinist Russia, or any of the countless repression regimes.
Political-speech police appear throughout history. Censorship and thuggery is a common hallmark amongst tin-pot 3rd World dictators and mass-murdering autocrats alike.

The cry of “racism” has become, instead, the first-reflex attack against anyone critical of President Obama & his policies anytime it is easier and more effective than actually responding to legitimate critique of the real issues. Heightening the race issue– truly a canard obscuring necessary debate over the massive legislation racing through the Democrat-controlled House, Senate and Executive bodies– is meant to create tension and bring out racism where it was never in play before.
Obama Speech Police have been on the attack to silence the President’s critics as of late. The Official White House Blog asked supporters on Wednesday to “flag” chain e-mails and online videos ‘claiming to uncover the truth’ about Obama’s Health Care agenda. The posting essentially asked for an assault on dissenters and legitimate opposition in the name of alleged “

Only days later, Press Secretary Gibbs used Rush Limbaugh as an example to say that anyone comparing the Democratic Party’s agenda to that of the Nazi’s was on “thin ice” and should be wary of using such terms. Such a comparison may well be justified, depending upon the context, and is being used to intimidate free speech critical of the President and his policies.

At the same time, the political group ‘Health Care for America Now,’ which counts the President and Vice President among its supporters, has “instructed Democrats to confiscate signs and leaflets brought to Obamacare events by “rightwing extremists,” that is to say Americans opposed to totalitarian health care,” as Kurt Nimmo reported Friday.

Also on Friday, Kenneth Gladney, a self-identified independent-conservative, was hospitalized after being beaten by a group of union thugs who didn’t like his criticizing the Health Care agenda.

Groups have been mobilizing everywhere in opposition to the pending Health Care legislation, and have been uniformly slandered and demonized by the media, and blocked by various pro-Health Care groups throughout the country. www.infowars.com... s/

I'm wondering with all this talk about obama having any news media who speaks out against him, will be shutdown has anything to do with Bill O'Reillys poem about obama being such a great man, maybe a little boot licking to be on his good side, just something to think about.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread joe.

We encourage free speech and defend everyone’s right to express unpopular points of view. But we don’t permit hate speech (speech which attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and sexual orientation/gender identity).

You know, they could just make it a lot easier to oppress free speech if they could add 'political affiliation' the list of things we're not allowed to speak negatively of.

I really don't understand why that hasn't happened yet. I think that's why they have to play the race card so much. If they would just make it a crime to speak out in anger against politicians, we could get back to the business of being the 'oppressors' versus the 'oppressed.'

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I've seen far worse videos of Bush and pretty much every politician who has risen to media attention. Youtube never pulled any of those. As far I can see Alex didn't make any mention of race when it comes to Obama. Those who labeled the video are vile scum who resort to cheap attacks to defend their position.
Youtube screwed up on this one and showed it's true colors.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Yea, that's true it would be alot easier.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
. Those who labeled the video are vile scum who resort to cheap attacks to defend their position.

I feel the same way about it, it makes me sick when people do that, it's so weak and an un-educated way to respond.
As far as youtube screwing up, it's just a sign of things to come.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I smell a dictator who is struggling with his slower than expected rise to power. The gloves are off with Obama and his foot soldiers. This is simply unbelievable.

Something new everyday. The white house snitch site and now this. Bye Bye constitution. One letter at a time...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Absolutely right.
There's a white house snitch site, post a link I have to see this.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by joe82

I don't think Alex Jones is a racist.
Or better, since I'm not a mindreader, I don't think the product he is uttering is racist product.
When I listen to him, which I do religiously at work (it annoys the co-workers - you gotta love that), I am constantly struck by how he avoids making the points that a racist would make. He is just NOT GOING THERE.
To accuse him of hate speech is ludicrous.

I would say that he even avoids many points a (nonexistent, hypothetical) fair-minded observer would make, for fear that they might seem or sound racist.
I mean, really.

If you put an actual racist alongside Alex and had an actual debate or joint review of the news, there would not be long outbursts of agreement.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by joe82
reply to post by jibeho

Absolutely right.
There's a white house snitch site, post a link I have to see this.

Story with embedded link

www.foxnews.com...

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
At the same time, the political group ‘Health Care for America Now,’ which counts the President and Vice President among its supporters, has “instructed Democrats to confiscate signs and leaflets brought to Obamacare events by “rightwing extremists,” that is to say Americans opposed to totalitarian health care,” as Kurt Nimmo reported Friday.

Isn't taking things from people without their permission theft? If it is than isn't what this organization instructing Democrats to commit crimes? If the President and the Vice President, very influential people, are among it's supporters than are not the President and the Vice President advocating committing crimes? If this organization is operating in different states, organizing and advocating criminal actions and activities, would that not meet the defination of violation of the RICCO Act which I believe is defined as the operation of an organization across state lines for the purpose of ciminal operations or something like that? Wouldn't that make the President and Vice President if they are members of this organization criminals? Just asking!

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I've seen far worse videos of Bush and pretty much every politician who has risen to media attention. Youtube never pulled any of those. As far I can see Alex didn't make any mention of race when it comes to Obama. Those who labeled the video are vile scum who resort to cheap attacks to defend their position.

Now you know for a fact that there was widespread voluntary media censorship of critics of Bush!

I certainly recall a time after 9/11 when the Bush administration told the American people that we were either with them or we were with the terrorists.

I'm only pointing this out to be fair, not because I'm trying to defend youtube, but the fact of the matter is that there most definitely was a time during the Bush admin that the media shut out dissenting voices from the debate.

The widespread criticism of Bush didn't start until the mainstream media turned against the policies it helped Bush implement...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
My comment was about YT only. I'm not american so I'm not victim to their media

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
So is Obama's rallying cry goig to be "Either you are with us, or you are with the Astroturfers"? Obama and his minions are putting this country on a slippery slope.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

My comment was about YT only. I'm not american so I'm not victim to their media

Fair enough...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
let me say this loud and clear so you can understand quite well.

YOUTUBE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH FREE SPEECH. NOTHING. I REPEAT NOTHING.

Alex Jones is free to post his videos and use his own bandwidth to do so. Alex Jones is free to make his own newspaper and publish anything he wants and distribute it freely.

YOUTUBE pays for their bandwidth. Since they paid for it they can post or refuse to post ANYTHING. you CANNOT just go into the NY Times and DEMAND that you be printed. You have to follow THEIR rules. Thats how it works. You can make any newspaper you want and distribute it freely (as long as you don't violate any copyrights]. You can make any video you want and distribute it as you see fit.

There is NO infringement of free speech going on when a company says "you cant use our bandwidth for free". NONE.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't like Jones, he's an American nut that has never experienced life outside of this country.

The dude is close minded, yes, close minded. He thinks everyone is scamming his "life" away.

Either his doing this for money, or he's just a nut.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

The point is this: they are saying it's racist and that's why they removed it which is wrong, why don't they just say the real reason they removed it.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by joe82

thats most likely the case, but has nothing to do with free speech or NWO.

top topics

join