It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicago Blackhawks Forward, Kane, arrested in Buffalo, NY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Chicago Blackhawks Forward, Kane, arrested in Buffalo, NY

sports.yahoo.com

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane(notes) was charged with attacking a cab driver in his hometown Sunday, a beating that police said was triggered when the driver did not have 20 cents in change to give the player and his cousin.

FILE -In this June 25, 2007 fi…

AP - Aug 9, 3:45 pm EDT NHL Gallery Buffalo police said the 20-year-old Kane and his 21-year-old cousin, James Kane, had apparently caught a cab from the city’s downtown nightclub district at about 4 a.m. The cab driver suffered cuts to his face and his glasses were damaged, police spokesman Michael
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Something is wrong here. This is some really old school stuff. Are these guys mobsters? The only defense I could offer for the attackers, is if that cab driver was extremely unpleasent and thus in need of a good butt kicking. Patrick Kane definitely appears to have built a good reputation; both as a good teamate and supporter of his local community. Something about this story brings to my mind novelty and uniqueness, who knew that someone could get beat up for .20 cents, 20.00 dollars is one thing, but .20 cents! I do not know what you guys think yet, but this story does not add up for me well.

SVE

sports.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Kane didn't get to where he is in the NHL without brains. People with brains don't beat other people up over $0.20. There has to be more to the story.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
O this is terrible how are we going to live now

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Patrick Kane is the cover boy of the Electronic Arts NHL 10 video game, which is scheduled to be released on September 15, 2009. I know there is the Madden cover curse, but I didn't think it applied to hockey as well.

A 20 year old kid hanging out in Buffalo's nightclub district until 4:00 am? I thought the drinking age in New York State was 21? No surprise here. The money wasn't the issue, he just got drunk and wanted to beat somebody up. White trash all the way.

Electronic Arts is screwed with this PR nightmare...unless they have time to replace him on the cover.

As for the drinking age being 21, I think Americans need to get their screwed up brains into the 20th Century. Once that happens, we'll work on getting them into the 21st Century. If the drinking age was 18, chances are this kid wouldn't have acted like a drunk shmuck. That's what you get for living in Buffalo.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Patrick Kane is the cover boy of the Electronic Arts NHL 10 video game, which is scheduled to be released on September 15, 2009. I know there is the Madden cover curse, but I didn't think it applied to hockey as well.

Electronic Arts is screwed with this PR nightmare...unless they have time to replace him on the cover.

There is a hockey curse too. I don't any specific details though as I can't think right now. They do have time to replace the cover (so I heard) but I don't think they will. The story doesn't seem right like there is something missing in there. Not saying Kane wouldn't do anything like that but the story doesn't feel complete.

Here is a link that explains the nhl curse better.
sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

[edit on 10-8-2009 by sandman441]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Thanks for the link sandman. Eric Lindros was a walking curse. By the way, for all of you hockey fans, NHL 09 is an awesome game and they say 10 is even better. Can't wait to get my hands on it, regardless of who is on the cover.

And as for you Kane, save the fists for the ice. Just because you're making millions doing something you enjoy, it does not give you the right to beat the crap out of those who are busting their ass to make a living. I kiss the asses of people who take my drunk ass home safely at 4:00 am...not beat the crap out of them...

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'm a huge hockey fan and as such I stay tuned to most of the hockey boards out there. Word around the campfire is this over yea-yo, and this whole cabby story is a cover. Kane is a cocky little son of a bitch and if he's guilty I hope he gets prison time. Too bad, I think he was the first American to go first in the draft in a long time.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

A 20 year old kid hanging out in Buffalo's nightclub district until 4:00 am? I thought the drinking age in New York State was 21? No surprise here. The money wasn't the issue, he just got drunk and wanted to beat somebody up. White trash all the way.
\

Whats being white have to do with anything?

Maybe you should go out and hug a minority or apologize for slavery in order to make up for this white devils dirty dead on humanity. Go get your feel good moment.

As far as the story. I'd have to agree with the others. Probably hopped up on booze or drugs and was just out of control.

I'm sure this will hurt his career and I'd bet in a short time that cabby will be retiring.

[edit on 10-8-2009 by Tyr Sog]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hey, at least he finally hit somebody!!

I joke...

top topics

join