It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo of a modern-day kronosaurus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This may have been discussed before, though I couldn't find any previous reference.

What intrigues me is the photo at 3:18 in this video:

As mysterious photos go, this one looks relatively convincing. (Sorry I couldn't find a still.)

Here's a kronosaurus for comparison:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/031d52a260e5.jpg[/atsimg]

Source

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4a57798b948f.jpg[/atsimg]

Source

Name: Kronosaurus

Age(s): 121-112 million years ago

Period: Early Cretaceous (Aptian-Albian)

Size: Less than 12.8 metres

Location(s) found: Australia (Queensland), Colombia (Boyaca Region)

Notes: Kronosaurus was a pliosaur (a short-necked plesiosaur). It is named after Kronos, of greek myth, who devoured his children.

(Source as above)

Does anyone know the history of the photo? How does it strike you?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Okay, my preliminary research says that is a hoax.

I'm still checking it out, though.

The head really looks like that of a modern day reptile. Like a crocodile...

[edit on 8/5/2009 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Oops, sorry response to wrong photo...

[edit on 8-5-2009 by IronDogg]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Excellent vid!!

What intrigues me is the snake at 0:14, the pics from 0:30 - 0:50 and the Pterodactyl on 2:41.

There is no way those old photos were faked, how would they do it back then?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

The video is a combination of many photos. The ones that you mentioned have other threads going about them, for the most part.

Also, photos which look like they are old may not actually be. Take the "Civil War" Thunderbird/Pterodactyl picture. It was actually a promotion for a film, a proven hoax.

The snake at :14 has many threads here on ATS. I think that the ones from :30 to :50 have been proven hoax.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Good eye

S & F

It may be a known creature but the hind legs look more like flippers than legs IMO. I can understand why the land dinos died off but I would suspect that the marine ones stood a better chance of sticking around longer. Who knows that could of been the last of his kind.

I hope not.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I thought that, too, about the back of the creature. But I cannot find this picture anywhere. Where did the person who made this glorious composition get it from?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If you noticed, at the left bottom of the "kronosaur" picture it says worth1000 dot com.

www.worth1000.com...

Go to the site, it says it's a photoshop contest site. So automaticly, that pic and a few others in the video posted who have the worth1000 tag are fake. Hope this helps

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by morbidity

You are wonderful. Thank you so much! That's where I had seen it, I knew it was a fake.

Edit- These are the kinds of observation skills that we must be thankful for here on ATS. Clearly a few of us were too preoccupied looking at the picture to look at other details that are clues to the source, including myself. I hope we've all learned a lesson. (I did. I feel dumb)

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

That probably wraps it up then. (Unless you are prepared to believe someone took a genuine crypto photo & claimed they'd put it together. Unlikely though - I imagine contestants would have to submit all originals.)

Grade A observation skills, morbidity.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Even better eye.

Star for you.
Thanks

oh well one can always hope.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thought you might find this interesting.....

Evidence shows some large dinosaurs survived mass extinction

ABSTRACT

Dinosaur fossils are present in the Paleocene Ojo Alamo Sandstone and Animas Formation in the San Juan Basin, New Mexico, and Colorado. Evidence for the Paleocene age of the Ojo Alamo Sandstone includes palynologic and paleomagnetic data. Palynologic data indicate that the entire Ojo Alamo Sandstone, including the lower dinosaur-bearing part, is Paleocene in age. All of the palynomorph-productive rock samples collected from the Ojo Alamo Sandstone at multiple localities lacked Cretaceous index palynomorphs (except for rare, reworked specimens) and produced Paleocene index palynomorphs. Paleocene palynomorphs have been identified stratigraphically below dinosaur fossils at two separate localities in the Ojo Alamo Sandstone in the central and southern parts of the basin. The Animas Formation in the Colorado part of the basin also contains dinosaur fossils, and its Paleocene age has been established based on fossil leaves and palynology.

Magnetostratigraphy provides independent evidence for the Paleocene age of the Ojo Alamo Sandstone and its dinosaur-bearing beds. Normal-polarity magnetochron C29n (early Paleocene) has been identified in the Ojo Alamo Sandstone at six localities in the southern part of the San Juan Basin.

An assemblage of 34 skeletal elements from a single hadrosaur, found in the Ojo Alamo Sandstone in the southern San Juan Basin, provided conclusive evidence that this assemblage could not have been reworked from underlying Cretaceous strata. In addition, geochemical studies of 15 vertebrate bones from the Paleocene Ojo Alamo Sandstone and 15 bone samples from the underlying Kirtland Formation of Late Cretaceous (Campanian) age show that each sample suite contained distinctly different abundances of uranium and rare-earth elements, indicating that the bones were mineralized in place soon after burial, and that none of the Paleocene dinosaur bones analyzed had been reworked.

NEW GEOCHRONOLOGIC AND STRATIGRAPHIC EVIDENCE CONFIRMS THE PALEOCENE AGE OF THE DINOSAUR-BEARING OJO ALAMO SANDSTONE AND ANIMAS FORMATION IN THE SAN JUAN BASIN, NEW MEXICO AND COLORADO

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
the creature at 1:15 looks like a prehistoric amphibian and rather convincing, too.

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Interesting video, a mish mash of some real, some horrible fakes and some pretty good Photo Shops. The Photos of the Ligers are real. The cross between a Tiger and Lion grow huge, unfortunately they can't breed. They are just massive.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Stop the video at 2:22 tell me what that murky outline in the water to the left of the boat reminds you of?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a few more reasons to never ever go into the ocean.

new topics

top topics

join