It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop who wrote ‘jungle monkey’ email sues Boston mayor for violating his civil rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The Boston police officer who was suspended last week for describing Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr., as a “banana-eating jungle monkey” in an email to a local newspaper is suing the Boston Police Department and the city’s mayor for infringing on his civil rights and causing him — among other things — “emotional distress” and “post-traumatic stress"

Source Link: rawstory.com...

I was curious to see if a suit of this sort would come to play after it was reported last week that a officer in Boston (not Crolley) made some racist comments via a email letter to a Boston Newspaper. I don't agree with his comment regarding Professor Gates but I do agree with his right to say it without being stepped on and now I hope to see how this plays out and hope to see more of these kinds of suits come forward when people are used as a political pawn/distraction when in the origanal arrest with the Professor was shown to NOT be racially motivated. I know not everybody will agree with this officer and again I don't agree with his comments but I do agree that under our Constitution he has the right to say it and not be singled out, thrown under the bus and punished for his email/letter.

I believe when it was proven the Professor Gates was the one slinging the Racecard, TPTB/Dems had to come up with another fall guy and they found him! Distractions, distractions, distractions. Lets keep the country divided is their moto!

join