It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government To Install Surveillance Cameras In Private Homes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

UK Government To Install Surveillance Cameras In Private Homes

www.prisonplanet.com

The UK government is about to spend $700 million dollars installing surveillance cameras inside the private homes of citizens to ensure that children go to bed on time, attend school and eat proper meals.

Around 2,000 families have been targeted by this program so far and the government wants to snare 20,000 more within the next two years. The tab will be picked up by the taxpayer, with the “interventions” being funded through local council authorities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blitzbasic.com
www.express.co.uk
truinternational.blogspot.com

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is OUTRAGEOUS!!! First off, how do they have the money to install and upkeep these? Second off, why would people allow these to happen. We best get out of UK and US!
How long until this happens in the US?
Why isn't the MSM reporting ANYTHING on this?!
If any of you in the UK have anymore information on this, please post it!

www.prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This has already been discussed here. The truth of the matter is that these people are choosing to move into homes that have survelliance. This is a choice and will not be forced upon anyone.

CX

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Already being discussed here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think you'll find there are for the more "problematic" families.

I'm not sure about how true the "this won't be forced on anyone" comment is above though, the report says the support is "pretty tough and non negotiable".

Sounds like they don't have much of a choice.

CX.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
These families have asked for help, some kids are so out of control their own parents don't know what to do, it's got nothing to do with control, it's about trying to get kids from turning to a life they will regret for the rest of their lives.

The Government here has so lost it's way and is losing more of a grip each day, perhaps instead of putting people in prison with TV's and all the comforts of home, and instead had them turning big rocks into little rocks things would change, but there are too many do gooders out there screaming about human rights, what about the rights of the victims for a change.

Putting Murderers and rapists in a place where they get molly coddled and allowed to sit on their arses 23 hours a day is really starting to piss people off, what people really want to see is them suffering for their crimes.

And so the families who are having trouble are seeing the changes and want off the round about before things do get tough for their kids when they start mixing with the gangs ETC, similar to problems in some major US cities where kids are drawn into gangs.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
As the other thread is in Other Current Events, this thread is okay (ATS has an unofficial policy to allow two threads on the same topic if one of them is in Breaking Alternative News).

That said...wow. I'm impressed. Orwell was right with the telescreens. I honestly have no idea how to respond except that I don't think I would want the job of surveilling these families and I wonder how accurate those who are surveilling are when interpreting human behaviour.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

“I know a lot of people are concerned about Big Brother, but my response to that is, if you are not doing anything wrong, why should you worry about it?” Chief Hurtt told reporters.

Like I said before in another post, it really is time we get hit by a asteroid or something so we can get a fresh start again. Human kind is spinning out of control.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

How slavish.
How can people in the UK not be too disgusted and embarrassed to implement this? Some "social goods" are not worth the cost, in terms of the disgusting self-concept you have to embrace in order to obtain the putative pay-off...

If this keeps up, the gut response is going to be "Britain? - Ewww, gross."

Like volunteer Auschwitz with better landscaping...and fairly safe for tourists...

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by gatorboi117

Oh, but wait...they should make this a REALITY TV SHOW!!!

Vote from home to see which family gets their kiddies taken away this week!

Give Sheila the chance to obtain a free vacation on Mustique if she's willing to get her tubes tied!

There can be no potential for abuse as long as we THE VAST HOME AUDIENCE are involved!

We can have user accounts and swap playlists of our favorite wife-beating scenes!(for example, I have three favorite wife-beating playlists, "Miscellaneous","She Don't Listen!" and "She Was Begging For It")

Give us your dysfunctional, your abused and abusive...COME ON DOWN!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
The parent is responsible for the child not anyone else. If they are so concerned with the kosher involvement of families than why not just pre-order the children in a tube and direct them around like robots? Oh, wait...
Anything this intrusive is no good.

new topics

top topics

join