It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacker's 'moral crusade' over UFO - Gary's running out of time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

A Briton fighting extradition to the US for hacking into top-secret computers claims he was morally justified in breaking the law.

Gary McKinnon, 43, from Wood Green, north London, admits hacking into 97 US government computers, including Nasa's and Pentagon's, during 2001 and 2002.

He told the BBC he was on a "moral crusade" to prove US intelligence had found an alien craft run on clean fuel.

Link to source

It appears the Gary Mckinnon is running out of time and will be very quickly sent to the US in order to be prosecuted for his masterminded plan to find information on Extraterrestrials within the government. Of course thats how the officials are playing it.

No mention of the flawed PC systems that the governemnt were running, no mention of the ease of being able to hack the PCs because they didn't have passwords, instead they make Gary Mckinnon in to a masterminded criminal PLSSS come on!

One part of me wants this to go to court in order to get the publicity but of course I do not wish any harm to Gary, he must be going through one hell of a time at the moment. If only he had printed those names off!!!!! we would of had something to work with then. DNI = Non terrestrial Officers (Intriguing)

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
is he in prison now? (in Britain) If not i hope he run for his life and hide somewhere.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is one time the UK gov could stand in an block extradition.
The guy has Aspergers and just would not cope in the US prison system. I hope somebody steps in.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
S & F to you on this post.

Gary McKinnon, IMO, should NOT be extradited to the US for his actions. If anything, he should be given a slap-on the-wrist for what he was doing (hacking into government systems). I recommend this only because I'm tempering it along with the fact that there was such a lack of security on the systems he was able to access along with his, as far as I can see, totally non-malicious intent.

Did he do something wrong; yes, absolutely. Did he cause $800,000 in damage to US systems; I HIGHLY doubt it. Did he cause a great deal of embarrasment to the US government; absolutely - but THAT was the government's fault for not effectively securing their systems.

At this point he is no more than a pawn, being used to set an example for what I see as our own government's stupidity.

I say 'Slap his wrist' and let it go.

There are far bigger fish to catch out there...

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by IC 1101
is he in prison now? (in Britain) If not i hope he run for his life and hide somewhere.

No No he is not in prison he is waiting extradition to the US where he will face up to 70 years in prison (if it goes to court)

I know Gary has been discussed so I apologise for going over old ground I just wanted to put a thread up to let people know the latest, as I have been following Gary since day 1. Many moons ago.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
So what can we do to help this guy ????

Here is somone that could possibly of broken a massive cover up and yet nothing is bieng done to help get him out other the petitions that will do nothing.....

Is there anyway we can organise some kind of mass protest or get a quality lawyer or someone to help him ??? I would be more than happy to kick in some $'s to sort this guy out !!!!

Then get him to a secure place and let him crack it again

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disclosure Agent

Here is somone that could possibly of broken a massive cover up and yet nothing is bieng done to help get him out other the petitions that will do nothing.....

Is there anyway we can organise some kind of mass protest or get a quality lawyer or someone to help him ??? I would be more than happy to kick in some $'s to sort this guy out !!!!

Then get him to a secure place and let him crack it again

You can't help this guy. Since he broke into 97 computers (US computers), he will lose his name, and then he will be hired by the NSA. We won't hear from him again.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Disclosure Agent

If you go here freegary.org you can find more information on him and sign a petition just going to that site will help him because it woould mean another person knows about him and can spread the word. peace

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pathos

You can't help this guy. Since he broke into 97 computers (US computers), he will lose his name, and then he will be hired by the NSA. We won't hear from him again.

Not quite pathos, he used a programme off the net and browsed unsecured pcs this means ANYONE could have done it his actions embarassed the governmernt especially the PENTACON as everyone around the world could see just how easy a top secret facility can be hacked.

[edit on 28-7-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I hope this bloke gets away with it.

Although part of me just thinks that the idfiots at the pentagon are rather miffed that they got pwned.

-=-

I would HATE to be tried in the USA with its backwards laws and ways. You need luck no further than the treatment of military prisoners *cough* torture, or the draconian laws that put innocent cannabis smokers away for many, many years.

Or even so far as still having the death penalty in certain states....

[edit on 28-7-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

Originally posted by Pathos

Not quite pathos, he used a programme off the net and browsed unsecured pcs this means ANYONE could have done it his actions embarassed the governmernt especially the PENTACON as everyone around the world could see just how easy a top secret facility can be hacked.

Kinda makes me wonder how many Chinese or Russians did the same, you know from a country that the US couldn't try to bully around, not like our spineless UK gov

[edit on 28-7-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Ooops how did I manage that ??? This was my bit.

Kinda makes me wonder how many Chinese or Russians did the same, you know from a country that the US couldn't try to bully around, not like our spineless UK gov

new topics

top topics

join