It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On Sheeple...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This just popped up on xkcd, a webcomic:

This is where we are now. So there is some hope for humanity.

Source website.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by Mindmelding]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Sometimes I have to ask myself that very thing. but, it does seem people are starting to wake up and see what is going on around then. Just hoping it wont be too late!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sandro

If you take up talking to more people, people outside your normal social sphere, perhaps you'll realise like me that the majority are awake, and have been for quite some time, but are just silent.

I think the group mind might just be able to sort this thing out. Here's hoping...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
i think the comic is pointing out that everyone thinks that they REALLY know whats going on while everyone else is unaware- not that everyone is aware.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The comic just illustrates what every ATS member knows to be true.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

How can that even make sense? The simple fact that the stickmen are aware of people being herded like animals into repetitive socially accepted (imposed) behaviour pretty much punches a hole in that theory. This is what the awakening is.

You might be right of course, and that was the original intention of the comic creator, but if so out of a strange quirk of fate what is really there in black and white (and blue) is something entirely different. It's the actual awakening to the pointlessness of modern life...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

my point was something like...

how many people on here say things like "LOOK AROUND PEOPLE! SEE THE TRUTH ABOUT (insert any random theory here)" there are a lot of people saying the same exact thing but "others" are being sheep about different things, whether its 9/11 or vaccines or reptilians. people look at the people around them and think about how stupid and "blind" those people are.

i think the comic was poling fun at people who think they have some sort of advanced knowledge about whats actually going on, instead of pointing out that there are mostly people who know whats "really" going on and everyone is just unaware of it. i dont think the latter would be funny while the former makes me laugh.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thanks for posting it. I love XKCD comics, but I don't check the site regularly.

I have found that most people I know are more aware (in one way or another) than I give them credit for, but then there are a few (a very few) who don't seem to think at all.

There should be at least one passenger reading a tabloid with no thought bubble.

Edited to add:

Not all XKCD comics are intended to be "funny". I don't think these ones are necessarily humorous:

xkcd.com...

xkcd.com...

[edit on 7/15/2009 by eMachine]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Maybe the picture could also mean that people believe in conspiracy, but not the same conspiracy. Or something like that, because I am sure that all of us has a different view on even the same conspiracy. But I also lean to the selfish "I'm Awake, these people aren't" philosophy.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Trams

Yeah. Definitely. I think generally there are very few people who actually believe that "all is a'right with the world". You don't have to believe in any specific theory to be "awake" imo, you just have to doubt the established norm, any established norm, and I think most people do.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by eMachine

i thought those were actually pretty funny.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindmelding

A very deep exposition on our societies dying art of inter personal communication skills. Our entertainments are slowly turning us into isolated islands of thinkers, our minds yearning to reach out and communicate or receive pearls of wisdom; yet at the same time apprehensive and fearful of ridicule and being ostracized by peers

break those chains! get out there and communicate

2 thumbs up from me

[edit on 15-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Actually I'm pretty sure the comic is saying those who believe they know the truth about our society still depend on it. So in a way they are hypocrites. but its open for interpretation and I liked the interpretation the OP has. Which is people are starting to wake up, and that's where we are. We just haven't been able to push back all the negative karma the other way since our disgusting society has been in place far too long. It's like a moving train, we have to push back the other way as hard as the momentum it already has.

top topics

join