It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Troops willing to die to stop Iran unrest, general says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Troops willing to die to stop Iran unrest, general says

edition.cnn.com

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) -- A top Iranian general said government troops are "ready to sacrifice our lives" rather than back down in the face of protests over June's disputed presidential election.

Gen. Sayyed Hassan Firouzabadi, chief of Iran's Joint Armed Forces, said Iranian soldiers were willing to die as they did in the brutal eight-year Iran-Iraq war in the 1980s, according to the state-run Fars News Agency.

"Some may think that by protesting and chanting their slogans against us, we will back down, retreat and give up," Firouzabadi said. "We are ready to sacrifice our lives, as
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Civil war anyone?

It's heading that way with 300,000 extra police to brutalise the people, and the military to strengthen them.

IMO the military ordered by the supreme leader are trying to make the world think they are the victims in all of this. Brainwashed into believing they are killing infidels, when in fact by killing protestors they are destroying their own Islamic traditions.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 12-7-2009 by john124]

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

Convenient of a General to say that. I am sure he won't be putting his own life on the line. He is willing for his troops to die for this cause but I seriously doubt he would do the same himself. Am I the only one who thinks this is a bit skewed? The soldiers with the weapons are willing to die to stop the unarmed protesters? How brave of them.

It sounds to me like they are willing to kill to stop it.

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

its pretty much like all over the world IMO,bush was willing to let the army fight the war on terror but,if he had to lead the charge on the front lines there would be no WAR....SEE how easy it is to have WORLD PEACE!!!...lol If it was a rule saying that all leader would lead in armed combat there would BE no WAR .................(D**N IM GOOD)jk lol

posted on Jul, 12 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Mullahs arrest 33 Sepah (Army) Officers!

News from Iran indicates that 33 military commanders have been arrested under Khamenei orders for their reluctance to crush the pro-democracy demonstrators. Some of the names among arrested are: Mahmood Yegaaneh, Ali Rezvaani (Quds force), Masoud Alavi Talab, Majid Bagheri, and Homayoun Mirzaee. They are in Prison Cell Unit 325 which is known for hrash treatment and torture or prisoners. More names will be announced as they are made available.

new topics

top topics

join