It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SKorean Web sites hit by suspected cyber attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

SKorean Web sites hit by suspected cyber attack

news.yahoo.com

South Korea says the Web sites of major government agencies, banks and Internet sites were paralyzed due to a suspected cyber attack.

The state-run Korea Information Security Agency said that Web sites of the presidential Blue House, the Defense Ministry, the National Assembly, Shinhan Bank, Korea Exchange Bank and top Internet portal Naver have been down or had access problems starting late Tuesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Did a quick search and didn't see anything about this in breaking.

I seem to remember seeing another article about some US systems getting attacked today too. Will edit in the thread later.

Pretty darn interesting given the NK belligerence of late that the US and SK would experience some type of cyber attack.

I'm not the biggest hawk around but the NK situation seems to be nearly boiling right now.

Any thoughts about this attack? Could NK pull it off without help?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I think it would be best if the discussion were continued here didn't know the SK story had been posted under that one.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I bet Little Kim has a team of hackers in some dungeon I mean bunker in North Korea doing this.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Great find PERIOD!

Seems like it either is, or is meant to seem like, the NK are at play in the cyber-fields of the Lord. (
)

But then, this IS a conspiracy site.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Some major vulnerability found in Internet Explorer the last few days. You can have it invade your system just by going to a website.

Not sure of the details but this is considered the worst since the Conficker worm. Wouldn't be surprised if it hit Korea big time. These thing are worst in foreign language closed systems where everybody gets hit.

M

new topics

top topics

join