It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first UFO Sighting.. :O

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Ok, i would like to start off by saying,
I AM NOT *SNIP* YOU !
Right , now on with the story..
Today is Canada day , and me and my family always go down to the waterfront to see the fireworks.. Well today i saw something 10X better..
I live in Ontario, Canada. I'm a bit worried about posting my actual city. But , anyway..
We all traveled down to the waterfront around 9:40 , and we got all set up at the waterfront waiting for the fireworks. So we are sitting there watching the boats out on the water. Then just before 10 we saw a little orange orb appear out of now where, it started rising up in the sky slowly. So , we all thought it was a firework (Because they start at 10) so we sit watching it for about 5 seconds. Then it stops .. And gets a bit brighter it seems. And everyone on the waterfront stopped talking and looked at it in awe. It hung there for 2 minutes. Everyone was in awe, no one moved. It was scary. My mum asked me , "what the *SNIP* is that?"
I replied "I have no *SNIP* idea"
I grabbed the camera and took a picture, but it didn't turn out. I just gave up after that , and looked at it in awe. I was amazed , and scared out of my shoes.
Then after the two minutes, it started to decend slowly, everyone was sat there. Watching this thing.. Then after about 2 minutes of decending it was gone.
And everyone resumed like normal! I was still shocked , i turned to my mom and said "Oh my god , that was amazing !"
Then she said "I know ! . To bad we didn't take a video"
Thats where i lost it , i felt like an idiot. I saw my first sighting , and i didn't even document it !? What was wrong with me ! But , when they say you don't even think to take out a camera. They really do mean it , your pretty much in a trance .. especially for the first time. I know you guys are probably not going to believe me , but you have to. It was amazing. It was out over the water , so it couldn't have been anything else but a UFO.
But my wish came true tonight , and please. Go easy , this is my first time seeing one

Please tell me what you think...

MOD EDIT: Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/1/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus est mortuus

No problem, i had to share it. I don't know who else to tell it to but you guys!
its now 11:20, and im still shocked at what i saw. lol

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
ahhh man, I was downtown today and left at like 10:00 to go home. I wish I could've seen it, the past day I saw an orange orb in the sky just hovering in the distance. I heard a theory that they are attracted to lightening storms but idk for sure.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well I've seen extraterrestrial ships too so I believe you.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Take a look at my first sighting and tell me if it's similiar.

My First Sighting

It seems people are having sightings more and more these days. Thank you for sharing your story!

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Might want to watch that profanity! Lol

Yeah, I know what you mean though, in the I Snip You Not!

I believe i've seen a ufo before, perfect characteristics, never shared though, because I have no proof, and I have to question the state of mind I was in, which was driving to see a dying family member.

So Obviously many things could of spurred a hallucination.

But it's a conspiracy site, whether psychologically or physically.

It shook you up though, so it's got to definately be a weird feeling eh'.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nickman534

Well there was a bit of lightning , so maybe that theory is true. Sorry for not replying earlier , but what city do you live in ? If you don't mind me asking.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by USMC-oorah

Holy *SNIP* it almost looks identical, except my sighthing was a bit further off , and it has a bit of cloud near it so it gave it that Mysterious "glow" effect on it.
And i know what you mean about the orange sightings lately , i have seen so many pictures. I just feel so so so stupid for not thinking straight , but when ur shook up like that. You seriously don't think.

Last Warning: Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/2/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Well , what do you mean driving you to see a dying family member , could you tell me a bit more if you don't mind. But , i was also in a weird state of mind. Everyone else around me was aswell , my mom and everyone else that was on that section of the waterfront. It drives me crazy , i couldn't get the "will"? to get the camera. I was just so ... i don't know. It's impossible to explain. But , thanks for actually believing me.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I remember seeing a ufo for the first time, its amazing.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by C0NSP1R1ST

I was on my way to see my dad die in a hospital, when I got there it was six or seven hours approx before he died.

Did anyone else witness it?

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I am really sorry to hear about your Dad.. I hope he is in a better place than this , because this is some messed up # thats going on in this day and age..
But , a lot of people saw it. People were at the Fort , on the waterfront , on several sections of the water front. At least 1000 people must have heard of it. Their was a lot of people downtown last night.
I was just talking to one of my friends , and she said she tried to take a picture of it, guess what happened ? It didn't show up on her camera ! , just like mine. But , i think it was just our camera's.. No super cloaking device

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Oh my god , it's on youtube ! Check it out ! INSANE ! , for me anyway.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 2-7-2009 by C0NSP1R1ST]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I live in the Nation's Capital, Ottawa, where they set off a huge fireworks display on Canada Day (last nights was amazing), and I was lucky enough a few years ago to be given a tour of the fireworks setup prior to it being let off.

I asked my friend who worked for the company what thy did about high winds, and he told me that they set off a "luminated dud" prior to the show to test wind direction and speed for safety. Don't know if that's what every company calls them, but those were his words.

From what you are describing, I think that's what you saw.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Sounds to me like a stray chinese lantern that drifted over the lake, causing a lenticular cloud to form and shoot off due to low pressure system in Australia.
Yes I speak for the skeptics.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

Well that does sound right , but i don't think the dud stays in the air glowing for 2 minutes straight.. ( or does it ? )
Look at the video, thats of it. It just stayed there for 2 minutes. Then slowly went into the distance

[edit on 2-7-2009 by C0NSP1R1ST]

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Interesting... Thanks.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Definately a chinese lantern.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

What are these chinese lanterns you are talking about , i don't understand.
Could you explain these to me ?

join