It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are psychics and mediums actually talking with demons?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Totakeke

It's very clear Totakeke thank you. I know another passage that likens our rebellion to God to witchcraft.

1Samuel 15:23 15 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

This is when God was addressing Saul. He rejected him from being king because he listened to what the people wanted instead of what God told him to do. This hits home with me because I often find myself rebelling in one way or the other and I am always remembering that verse.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Thanks for sharing that with us alien. What an awesome story. So here we clearly see two sides of the coin. Had you not been warned you would not have reacted so quickly and probably crashed that day. I have heard similar stories and I do believe Angels can influence circumstances too. I believe the key is asking for intervention.

posted on Jul, 2 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I once had a girlfriend who's mother was a psychic. Shame she couldn't have told me that the relationship wasn't going to last long.

In all honesty though, she wasn't using "psychological tricks" or anything like that. Sometime's she'd actually begin crying halfway through channeling the information from the overload of emotion. She'd do readings for friends, etc. She was always accurate.

That's the only experience I've had with a psychic or medium. I'm not sure if I believe that sort of thing or not but she certainly did.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I have always been somewhat skeptical about ghosts. In the cases when people encounter such things I've always wondered, "Even if they are encountering an entity, why think it's at all related to humanity? It could very well be something more malevolent."

Whenever I've had a friend tell a ghost story, I always think, "Hmmm... whatever it was, I doubt it was human." If we do survive our death, I don't see much reason to think that we would be able to contact living people.

It's funny that you quote something from the Old Testament. As soon as I saw this topic, I thought of the story where the one king of Israel tries to contact the dead prophet via a medium, and it says the ghost of the prophet showed up! I always wondered how that fit in, since it doesn't seem to me to fit very well. Usually in the Bible, NT or OT, people are told not to use psychics, mediums, etc.

posted on Jul, 4 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FrostyPhilosopher

Well in the case of that story the king turns to a witch because he had forgotten or chose to forget what God had said. He searched out and found the witch of endor and enquired of her secretly. You see being king he already outlawed such conduct. It's strange I know but well worth the read.

Really the king was talking to a demon. This is why God tells us not to have any communication with mediums or psychics. Another verse to remember is here.

2 Corinthians 11:14-15 14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

So we do have to be discerning.

[edit on 4-7-2009 by jackflap]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join