It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slain Woman Also Accidentally Shot By Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Slain Woman Also Accidentally Shot By Police

www.4029tv.com

Police say they got to 26-year-old Jill Ulmer's Fayetteville apartment Friday night as the suspect was stabbing her.

Officers said they were trying to stop 41-year-old Ricky Anderson from killing his ex-girlfriend when they opened fire into the apartment.

Monday, the Fayetteville Police Department said one of those gunshots fired by an officer actually hit Ulmer and is listed as her cause of death, along with multiple stab wounds.

Police also confirmed that Ulmer was pregnant.

Some are running out of words to describe the situation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Of course the one thing the liberal media is refusing to comment on during all the hand wringing involved with this murder, is that after prior attacks and a restraining order (yeah show that to him while he's stabbing you) against the killer, the victim was still living alone and completely unarmed.

A pump action 12 gauge would have saved her own life and that of her unborn child.

As for her getting shot by the cops, it was an accident, negligent yes, but still an accident.

www.4029tv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
way too many "accidents" lately with no accountability afterwards

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
That's horrible
two lives lost because of an accident

Some things in this world are very cruel and as for the ex, jeez, some guys have MAJOR problems

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
These are the stories that give birth to future super cops though....

you know the plots of movies where the rookie cop accidently shoots a prego woman. Then he goes on to save the world never forgiving himself...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think it is tough to criticize the cops in this case. At least they showed up, while she was still alive, and they shot inside to save her. It seems as if she were going to die either way, so I commend the police for their speedy response, and their valiant efforts.

I hope the accident does spawn a supercop, and not another depressed alcoholic that can't forgive himself!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
She had time to call them, that's what gets me.

That means she had more than enough time to retrieve a weapon and ventilate the guy as he broke into her bedroom.

Now he's just sitting in jail grinning that he finally "got her".

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Wow, cops showed up while the crime was still in progress? Amazing! Usually they dont get there until the crime is long done.

The best part is they were still too late.

Why the hell dont more people take their personal defense seriously? If you're in so deep as to have a restraining order your next steps should be getting a firearm and getting training. No crime has ever been thwarted by a retraining order. The need for a restraining order just means your eventual attack is inevitable.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
way too many "accidents" lately with no accountability afterwards

Generally accidents, being accidents, have no accountability, hence being called an accident.

Unless your insinuating with no proof a malicious intent on the officers part to simply kill everyone he saw in the room for no apparent reason other then a strong desire to shoot anything he saw? Because that would certainly be baseless.

Officers shooting at a target stabbing a victim (obviously close together, go figure) are likely to hit the victim as well. Tragic accident, in all likelyhood she would have/did die from the stabbings.

And further more, had someone not bee stabbing her, police never would have been there to shoot.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I have one other comment to make on this.

The dead young woman is white, how do you think this would be playing out if she had been black?

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

The dead young woman is white, how do you think this would be playing out if she had been black?

Excellent point! I never considered race in my comment, but if this were a poor black woman in a bad neighborhood with other kids, and white officers had accidentally shot her, Jessie Jackson would be on the news by now!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I don't know... Would you care to outline your thought's on that rather than just throwing in the racism wild card...

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Excellent point! I never considered race in my comment, but if this were a poor black woman in a bad neighborhood with other kids, and white officers had accidentally shot her, Jessie Jackson would be on the news by now!

Exactly, and the quotes would be something along the lines of "you just don't see this kind of thing happening to pregnant white women."

Well I'm sorry Jessie and Reverend Al, but as you can see, yes we do.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This is what really gets me.....

Anderson has been charged with second degree murder. His arraignment is scheduled for July 27.

This is one of the reasons they keep doing this crap, look what they charged him with ! Second degree murder means that he had no intention of killing her. That's BS if your stabbing someone like that IMO you're attempting to kill them. He should be charged with first degree murder and nothing less

I understand that it was an accident that she got shot by the police trying to save her, just don't understand how he didn't get shot.

Also if any LEO's post on this thread i have a question. Isn't this the type of situation that they say tasers are supposed to be used in ? I'm not in LE so that's why i ask, i am under the impression that they could have used a taser on him to save her.

www.4029tv.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

welll,,,, that would probably mean al sharpton and the rev,,, would have to leave joe jackson's side to book a plane to there to get back on more tv news coverage

don't the people who these guys support(al and jackson),,, realize they're only there to exploit them and gain fame for themselves or their cause
geez!!!

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

I dunno, she wasn't...

Would it make a difference? What color were the cops? How about the boy friend?

What if it was two homosexuals? In Arkansas no less?

What if it were Mr Magoo?

What if we look at what it actually was instead of baiting others with false contrasts.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I think it said they shot into the house, which would imply they were outside the house and the tazer would not have worked.

As for second degree murder, I think that just means it was not premeditated. Since she was pregnant, I would expect the charges to be amended later to a more serious crime. A "double" homicide, or a hate crime, etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
This actually happened less than a mile from my house.
Pretty wild.

Dude was a crazy bastard.

The police did a good job in this case. Bad shot. But it would have been a hard shot for anyone to make. The woman was lying in the living room floor with the psycho hunched over her stabbing over and over. One bullet hit her and it contributed to her death. Sad story. Not only was she pregnant but she was going to become an elementary school teacher also.

I need to move. Every murder that has occured in Fayetteville, Arkansas since 2005 has happened in this immediate area.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

They shot at him through the window.
Door was locked but they could clearly see him stabbing her.

F-ed up thing is that dude had just gotten out of jail for violating the restraining order.

Retseh: I don't know about where you live, but here in Fayetteville we report on ALL murders. Black, White, Hispanic, whatever.
Mainly because we don't have TOO many of them.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Sad, sad story regarding police "training" may shed some light.

Highly trained police professionals

top topics

join