It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China gave Pol Pot the weaponry needed for the Khmer Rouge revolution....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
During Pol Pots misguided revolution for a better Cambodia, millions of innocent people were slaughtered.

Families were split, and the population was significantly dumbed down; intellectuals, teachers, and professionals among others, were systematically rounded up, tortured and murdered.

Schools were morphed into goals, many people were displaced.
Pol Pot had over 300 'Killing Fields' throughout Cambodia. Reminders of these attrocities are Tuol Sleng (S21) Genocide Museum, in Phnom Penh and a local 'Killing Field' located approx 15 kms from Phnom Penh.

The millions that died under this regime would rival the Holocaust; the more startling thing about this episode in comparison though, is that Pol Pot was Cambodian. He managed to give the orders to do this to his own people; and Cambodia is a small area, when in comparison to the expanse of Europe.

When in cambodia last November my guide mentioned that Cambodia was indeed a very poor country before the war, when asked how did they aquire their weapons to have such a revolution to begin with; she answered CHINA!

Is it plausible to suggest that Pol Pot was infact an agent for the interest of China, and in this scheme; wantonly submitted to the extermination of his own country-men? Where did he get the weapons?
I have seen a few articles stating Chinese involvement; Mao
wishing Pol Pot to deliver Cambodia as another Chinese State, I've also seen some articles claiming that the U.S was implemenatry within this scenario also.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
This news is not new friend. The Chinese are always quick to arm someone. North Korea, North Vietnam the Pathet Lao, and of course the Khmer Rouge as you point out. To me China is a monster. They go into one of the holiest places in the world Tibet and ransack it. I want to know why they were even considered to hold the Olympic Games. The world is in mortal danger from China all who disagree will see soon.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ablue07

Thanks for your reply!
Unfortunately for many this is new! I was just answering another thread on on a Khmer topic; and its amazing some of the misconceptions out there.
Some even go so far to think that Pol Pot was not communist!
I thought this would be good talking point for individuals whom take that angle. Not necessarily for somone that is obviously more educated on the subject; as yourself!
Essentially the whole Khmer Rouge topic is not new.
I do think though, as we get the Holocaust shoved down our throats for one more empathy cry; I find it admirable how the Cambodians have not economized on empathy; and prefer to get on with life and not continually whine about how badly done by, they are or were!
Some other groups should be sent there to learn from them.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ablue07
The Chinese are always quick to arm someone. North Korea, North Vietnam, the Pathet Lao, and of course the Khmer Rouge as you point out.

The US too would pretty quickly arm Mexico if China was busy colonizing many of the central american countries.

The Chinese were not arming the North Vietnamese mainly because those two groups of people have hated each other longer than places like the US have been in existence. Instead, it is known that North Vietnam, in the early days, was getting arms from the Soviet Union. By the end of the war, the Viet Cong was armed largely by raiding our abandoned ammo depots and fortifications.

To me China is a monster. They go into one of the holiest places in the world Tibet and ransack it.

The Tibetan aristrocracy got what had been coming to them ever since they started their criminal repression of their common people. Tibet had much in common with the Khmer Rouge.

Jon

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   

This news is not new friend. The Chinese are always quick to arm someone. North Korea, North Vietnam the Pathet Lao, and of course the Khmer Rouge as you point out. To me China is a monster. They go into one of the holiest places in the world Tibet and ransack it. I want to know why they were even considered to hold the Olympic Games. The world is in mortal danger from China all who disagree will see soon.

Wow you ignorance really amazes me, what about all the countries US has armed? or what about the fact US trained Osama himself in the 80´s? what about the the fact that US went into the most holiest the place where Babylon was located according to the bible and thrashed the place?

best regards

Loke.:.

top topics

join