It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Search Censorship of Bilderberg

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Go to "http://www.google.com/intl/en/" and type in Bilderberg. The drop down box will not display any options. Whereas if spelt with a typing error such as Bildeburg or Bildenburg there is a drop down box option. Once the "r" is typed the drop down disappears, or when Bilder is typed.

img33.imageshack.us...

Discuss

[edit on 29/5/09 by cheeser]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
it will still report results though if you manually type - interseting find though - one to watch - what else doesn't prepopulate I wonder?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
You had me going there, I went to google and typed in bilderburg heres the results bilderburg results from google

It might not bring anything up on the drop down box but theres plenty to go through by searching normally.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm aware that you can bring up search results, but what is the intention of removing the word from the drop down box?

Of course it is only a subtle thing, but they wouldn't want to make it to obvious.

-Does it result in people less likely searching it?
-Does it remove the view/search count? Like Youtube videos, the more views on a video (or search) the more likely people will watch them (or search).
-Does it remove the word from various Google statistics?
-Maybe if it does not appear in the drop down box some people will not click the search button?

The fact of the observation causes me to come to the conclusion that it is quite obvious that it is a attempt by Google to damping the searching of the word.

I appreciate that it may only result in 5% less searches, but everything counts right?

A mild censorship, yes?

[edit on 29/5/09 by cheeser]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
It doesn't appear in the drop down because it officially isn't a word! check websters dictionary. it has meaning and has a wiki page but google just uses a simple predictive text system in it's search engine.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by uncommon-sense
It doesn't appear in the drop down because it officially isn't a word! check websters dictionary. it has meaning and has a wiki page but google just uses a simple predictive text system in it's search engine.

ahh... ?

Simple predictive text system? Did you just make that up? Reference?

Did you even read my post? The search drop down box doesn't only display dictionary words, its displays what previous people have search. Bildeberg and Bildenberg aren't words in the dictionary but they appear?

These also appear
-xzczc
-bsdfg
-fgufg
-shiiiit
-lololololololololololol

Don't even bother posting if you don't have anything worth contributing.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Don't even bother posting if you don't have anything worth contributing.

I've been noticing a trend recently of 'apprentice contributors' being some of the most biased and nasty people on ATS. Not all of course, but a minority seem to betting the team down. Shouldn't thses people have some responsibility to help grow the ATS community rather then isolate it with such terrible decorum? Sorry for the rant, but people generally try and help here. I like this community and want to try and maintain standards.

People will ask questions and other people follow up ideas they have. That's why we're here.

Anyway, I don't get any suggestions for bilderburg, but neither got any suggestions for 'dictionary'. Some words work, some don't.

Nothing is infallible. Predictive text is extremely commonly used. I would had thought you would have at least sent an email to Google to clear this up first before claiming such things here. Did you? What was the reply?

Cheers
Shane
p.s no hard feelings, just in an expressive mood tonight

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Well i went to google and typed it in, and i found this site about bilderberg. Very messy site but some crazy info on bilderberg,illuminati,NWO,Skull & cross bones,God,satan, and plenty of other crazy things to wrap your head around.

Peace

www.bilderberg.org...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Google shows also Bilder FAX Number, address and city.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join