It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After jet scare, New York warns of emergency drill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

After jet scare, New York warns of emergency drill

news.yahoo.com

Authorities have warned people about a huge emergency-response drill set for New York City's World Trade Center on Sunday, seeking to avoid panic like one caused by an unannounced flyover by a U.S. presidential plane.

More than 800 emergency responders -- mostly police and firefighters -- will practice responding to a simulated explosion on a commuter train in the tunnel below the Hudson River that separates New York from New Jersey.

The drill is set to run from 6 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (1000 to 1530 GMT) at the transit hub, which is surrounded by construction sites for skyscrapers and a me
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Perhaps they can get it right this time.

That jet fiasco was one of the most heartless things I've seen in a long time, and I can't believe that the President didn't know about it. He had to. Oh well, they found a scapegoat so the public forgets.

I'm always dubious of a large scale drills like this though, as it seems that both 9/11 and the London bombing coincided with similar events.

Lets hope NYC doesn't go into panic mode again.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if some real event just happened to maybe coincidentaly occur at exactly the same time they are having the excercise.

I'd hate to be a new yorker on sunday.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I really don't think anything will happen this time. I mean, they are making a big deal out of letting everyone know a drill will occur.

The drills that happened on the mornings of Sept. 11 and the London bombings were fairly quiet affairs that were only revealed after the fact.

I don't think they are brazen enough to announce such a false flag to the world just yet.

top topics

join