It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time for religious groups to introduce the acceptance that we are not alone in the universe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I just came across this today and thought I would post to see what people think about the religious aspect to UFO phenomena do you agree with the article?

A Christian counter-cult ministry will hold a symposium as part of the upcoming Roswell UFO Festival (July 03 to July 05, 2009), putting its own angle on the ongoing debate concerning the mysterious existence or otherwise of unidentified flying objects and alien species.

Amid all the fun and mystery of this year's festival, which includes the rumoured appearance of legendary band Jefferson Starship, the Christian group known as 'Alien Resistance', will outline its Biblical philosophy that all UFOs are in fact the "evil spirits" of the Bible, according to a May 12 statement.

Link to source

The problem that we have is that religion has played a massive part of people lives for centuries, with whats been going on recently I am convinced that we, the human race are on the brink of finding out once and for all that we are not alone on this planet, but what effect will it have on the people that devote their life to their religion.

I am not religious and I have my own views of religion, I try hard not to knock anyones religion but sometimes I have to put my fist in my mouth to stop me saying what I think. Nevertheless I feel extremely sorry for deeply religious people who are going to feel completely lost after their faith is destroyed once disclosure takes place and shows us that there are other beings that exist outside of this earth and that they are not the evil spirits portrayed in the bible.

Is it time for religious groups to start introducing awareness of the possiblitlity that we might not be alone in the universe into their teachings?

[edit on 13-5-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

LOL, I love how when things change and the bible is shown as at best a copy of older writings, the church just changes its stance and 'interpretations' so that they are still relevant.

People have such small minds that believe in such poor brainwashing. Oh no, the end of the world is coming! Quick build a boat, we'll put 2 of every one of the millions of species of the planet on board! Oh wow noah, your a thinker! Carpenter john, quick, build some cages!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

LOL, I love how when things change and the bible is shown as at best a copy of older writings, the church just changes its stance and 'interpretations' so that they are still relevant.

Exactly, I mean we don't have to look far to find that the vatican are doing the very thing. Its the people I feel sorry for the ones that follow blindly and accept that what visions they have had can be bagged and tagged in the category of religion.

The majority of us on this site have had a glimpse outside of the box we can't explain it because science cannot explain it therefore, theoretically it doesn't exist. However, from our experiences we form our beliefs. This is where religion comes along, if you cannot explain it then it must be the calling from god, that is when it gets confusing and in many cases nasty and dangerous. IMHO.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I am of the Christian belief. I just don't participate in organized religion anymore and haven't for about 5 years.

Ever since I was a child I understood that God made the heavens and the earth. Not just the earth.

When I was first taught about Adam and Eve I was told that their sons went to the land of Nod to get wives. Where was the land of Nod?

For some reason I can't get a straight answer concerning this land of Nod. If God created created a man and a woman and they had sons there should not be anymore people on earth but them.

So, it stands to reason that the land of Nod was another planet.

Could it be that when they became of age to find a mate a charoit of fire took them into outer space?

Yes, this is a simple, child like view of man's creation but after years of asking many theiologins I can't get a valid and reasonable answer to my question about the land of nod.

I am one Christain that believes we are not alone in this world.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
"This is where religion comes along, if you cannot explain it then it must be the calling from god"

lol. sounds alot like ufo ology.

i suggest many that do not beleive space creatures from another planet
may be more accurate (than beleivers of spacemen) in the sense there is no empirical evidence outside of dubious photos and testimony

they both suffer the same fate- jesus didn't come down with a beard and say "i'm back" and UFO's did not land and a space lizard walk out and say "we are here"

sagan- others out there, or alone- either thought is staggering- or something like that.

think a flexible mind could take either- people are adaptable.
the best irony is - if either group is right- and start screaming "i knew it! i told you so! no one would really care about them- more important issues would be at hand.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by ScreamtheDance]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

The problem that we have is that religion has played a massive part of people lives for centuries, with whats been going on recently I am convinced that we, the human race are on the brink of finding out once and for all that we are not alone on this planet, but what effect will it have on the people that devote their life to their religion.

It probably won't alter the belief systems of the devout. It never ceases to amaze me the sort of clothes some people are prepared to wear because of their religion, as well some of the strange activities. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the freedom to choose whether or not to practice a religion.

Many religions are about Power & Money for those involved in running them at senior levels, so I've no doubt that as, when, and if, extra-terrestrial craft land in full view of the public at large, and the crew disembark, religious leaders will denounce them.

Of course, there is another aspect to consider too. We are 3rd dimensional beings, and more advanced beings from other planets in our particular universe, are likely to be from higher dimensions, and thus their atomic structure will vibrate at a higher frequency than ours. That means that unless they are able to adjust their frequency down to ours, we won't be able to see them.

Then of course, if they do drop their frequency, and then stay here for too long, they will become more 3rd dimensional themselves, and will then be trapped in our world for a very long time.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I am one Christain that believes we are not alone in this world.

Heres my problem, Is it right to be a 'true' Christian and believe that we are not alone?

The reason I ask is because I was speaking to this attractive girl the other day at work she is a devout christian, she talked and talked for about 40 minutes about Jesus and God and I was just totally amazed at how naive she was. I told her that I believe in beings other than ourselves, she laughed and gave me the look!

I thought I would show her some videos about the subject mainly NASA STS stuff anyway after 10 minuted or so she said that what we saw was the devils work and that was something we shouldn't deal with.

Is that the normal response from the majority of Christians or is there a seperate part of Christianity that disagress with its counter part? do you see how confusing this belief system is for the people that aren't religious?

Edit: - I forgot to add she no longer talks to me and thinks I deal with black magic and the devil.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tallsorts
It probably won't alter the belief systems of the devout. It never ceases to amaze me the sort of clothes some people are prepared to wear because of their religion, as well some of the strange activities. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the freedom to choose whether or not to practice a religion.

It will have to alter the belief system though won't it? I mean would it not be a contradictary in terms?

Many religions are about Power & Money for those involved in running them at senior levels, so I've no doubt that as, when, and if, extra-terrestrial craft land in full view of the public at large, and the crew disembark, religious leaders will denounce them.

I agree They are about money and power, everything in life is about money and power (strange that) but will the religous leaders be able to carry it off or will the majority wake up as we enter a new spiritual age? OR will the spiritual leaders adopt the encounters and new findings into their teachings and sterr their religion in another direction?

Of course, there is another aspect to consider too. We are 3rd dimensional beings, and more advanced beings from other planets in our particular universe, are likely to be from higher dimensions, and thus their atomic structure will vibrate at a higher frequency than ours. That means that unless they are able to adjust their frequency down to ours, we won't be able to see them.

Agreed, obviously you have been watching Carl Sagans shapes videos

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It will have to alter the belief system though won't it? I mean would it not be a contradictary in terms?

There is nothing which will change a devoutly religious persons belief, and the management of each religion will ensure that they don't change.

I agree They are about money and power, everything in life is about money and power (strange that) but will the religous leaders be able to carry it off or will the majority wake up as we enter a new spiritual age? OR will the spiritual leaders adopt the encounters and new findings into their teachings and sterr their religion in another direction?

I don't know where you live, what circles you move in, or what your beliefs are, but no everything in life is NOT about power and money.

We entered a new spiritual age some years ago, and looking round I don't see evidence of religious people changing their views, but because these religions are often thousands of years old, it could take several hundred years or more until there has been a noticable change; or longer.

Agreed, obviously you have been watching Carl Sagans shapes videos.

Who? No, I read widely, and work it out for myself.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I told her that I believe in beings other than ourselves, she laughed and gave me the look!

I get this reaction from anyone, christian or otherwise. Pick any random person on the street and they'll likely be firm believers in the MSM and laugh at the thought of aliens much like news anchors when they have to report on a UFO vid/sighting. Hell, look at most of the sceptics on ATS, they think your crazy for believing as well.

I am sure I heard the vatican put out a press release saying they will welcome any beings from outer space with open arms.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I would say that i am a devout christian as i am married to a priest and am very much involved in our church, but i don't see why Alien life, if it does exist, should be a problem for us.

God, (in my mind) made the universe so why not populate other planets, i think there is enough space to go round, don't you?

Other subjects that i like are bigfoot and other oddities that may be out there. My wife knows that i like these subjects but when i mention them she just smiles and says nothing.
I don't think she has a problem with them its just that her life is focused on more everyday things.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Perhaps they will start bugging the aliens instead of bugging me. But, that would stop the fun I have with Jehovas Witnesses.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tallsorts
I don't know where you live, what circles you move in, or what your beliefs are, but no everything in life is NOT about power and money.

I am not sure if you are trying to be smart or that you misunderstood me.

I am talking about the system we live in not the individual. Life that we live in is about money,greed and power everywhere you go you everything you see consists of greed,money and power.

We are forced to work our 9-5s earning more money for the powers that be whilst we can just afford a roof over our heads. The more money 'they' have the more of the game they can play and we are always stuck in the middle of it. Life would be much better if we didn't have any money, it is the root of ALL evils.

Please understand I am on the side of the awakened. The sheeple will follow in time.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Is it time for religious groups to introduce the acceptance that we are not alone in the universe?

NO!!. Few decades back the Christians Muslims and others were saying we were the only HIGHEST intelligence created by God! Read the Bible Quran and the rest!

But, they started to twist their tongues currently. you can't trust them, can you?

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It is time religion stop slowing down mankind's progress.
Abortion, contraception, female rights etc...
Religion limits our progress...
Opening the door to the ET concept is the least they could do.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I dont want to be that guy but im pretty sure the vatican already accepted aliens saying they are also gods children, but i wonder if aliens have religion

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Religions Completetly vary across the globe Christians, Muslinms, Seek, Budah to far out as native people SPIRITS!

None can Agree on pretty much 1 thing all having different varations of there belive?
Now If there was a true religion surely only 1 can be right? The same as rules odf Physics assuming that 1 was right all the others were wrong but they would all argue theres was writted before another? Or an adjustment of a current religion? As a resarecher Thats more storys than ROSWELL lLOL What If we are placed here by EBEs? who are trying to formulate who has the most potential I think as a race we should unite and see what happens?

new topics

top topics

join