It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who spent 22 years on death row is cleared

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by starfemme1
because while you can pardon the living you cant bring back the dead

Consider this too: those that have participated in sentencing the innocent to death ARE guilty of murder, something I hope one day THEY will have to recon with and pay for!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

But he did lie to police that night

So? Lying to the police is not a crime deserving of death.

Anyway - I'm so conflicted about the whole death penalty thing. I'm against it, but should something happen to someone I love I suspect I'd be the first person to scream for the guilty one to be put to death.

The death penalty should be abolished because there is a chance that an innocent person could be put to death, end of.

To accept that,says something undesirable about us as a society.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
You only need to research the story of the West Memphis Three to know how corruption and religious frenzy in that region damage innocent people and result in them facing death.

I fully believe there are thousands convicted as a result of Police ineptitude, corruption, religious insanity and the desire for scapegoats.

And those they don't catch likely go on to kill again.

And Judge, Police Officer or public official deemed to be guilty of corruption or false allegation resulting the locking up of an innocent person should face the same punishment.

Please look into the West Memphis Three case if you don't already know about it, WM3

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Do not know if he is guilty or not. But having your life ruined is so easy for loons to make up anything they want especially today.

Just wonder how many on death row have done nothing, the scum running the system are the absolute puke people, and scum use these people to ruin anyone they want.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Here’s an interesting and timely article on how prosecutors are trying to deny DNA testing for those convicted. Looks like CYA is still the order of the day for the corrupt. I mean really, this is like a referee opposing instant replay.

www.nytimes.com...\?_r=3&hp

Not to worry though, eternity will provide justice for both powerful and powerless alike.

posted on May, 24 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: detachedindividual

hard to believe it's this easy to convict someone of such a horrible crime.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join