It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Budgets grow to more than 50 BILLION

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
In this time of economic woes our good ole spooks are rolling in it.

Noah Shachtman at WIRED sent me this link to his latest piece on our wonderful government...

www.wired.com...

Springer...

[edit on 5-7-2009 by Springer]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Wow, great to see the benevolent leaders of this country spend our tax dollars on secret war machines while the economy is falling apart

On the other hand, I cant even begin to think what kind of technologies the black projects have accomplished, seeing how the last thing disclosed to us was the stealth program about 20 years ago (please correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am) and even that technology at the time was probably incredibly outdated for the black ops.

At least the government is nice enough to let us see how much of our money they're spending

Thanks for the post springer

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That will cover their secret second space station extension expenses as well as any MKULTRA/ underground bases side projects quite nicely.

There's no other place 50 billion dollars can possibly go.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

It makes the Pentagon’s secret operations, including the intelligence budgets nested inside, “roughly equal in magnitude to the entire defense budgets of the UK, France or Japan,”

Pentagons Black Budget Grows to more than $50billion

As we say in Yorkshire, "tha's a lot of brass lad"

Where does it stop, in all honesty? In times of massive fiscal hardship, a black defence spend this size is - well - obscene really.

Eye opening to say the least.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
With this being admitted, can we now move forward and ADMIT that things such as D.U.M.B.'s, black ops aircraft, etc, exist? I mean really, at $50 bill, can there be any denial that these are the types of things that money is going to?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
woohoo, more secrets, lies and conspiracies, just what we need around here.

And Springer, is that sentence in your signature from "The complete idiots guide to complete idiots"?

I've been searching it for a while and need a copy

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
And thats for the projects that are using money and on the books... I am sure there are some that don't abide by the rules of the 'game'. Speaking of the game... This figure is not quite as shocking when you consider figures from Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports.

Video, about two hours:
The Biggest Game in Town

Cafr1.com

This was the first CAFR1 video that got the ball rolling for international disclosure of the CAFR of which has become the biggest shell game played in government finance.

Government promotes annual "Budget Reports" and at the same time virtually not a peep as to their Annual Financial Report (AFR) or the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) that came forward in 1946 to become the standard for all local government come 1978. Do a Google search on CAFR

The shell game in simple analogy that has been played out by government per the CAFR vs. The Budget is as follows: If you have a basket of 40 apples and a basket of 200 oranges, if you audit the basket of apples you will find 40 apples and then government implies "an audit of the fruit basket shows 40 apples, look no oranges!"

The annual "Budget" is what government calls "The general purpose operating funds" (the apples) The CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report) shows all investments that have built up over decades, tax income, and enterprise income (The oranges and the apples) To refer to accounting from the general purpose operating funds exclusively which "is" a showing almost exclusively of the primary tax income with the exclusion of all the rest is perpetuating the gross misrepresentation game government has been playing now for over 65 years.. In doing so over the last 65 years composite government now "owns it all" by investment and with said ownership controls the markets and by being the primary owner of the market, drives the markets significantly up or down through their coordinated buying and selling.

Google and see for yourself:
comprehensive+annual+financial+report

Results 1 - 10 of about 28,100,000 for comprehensive annual financial report. (0.24 seconds)

Almost all local and state governments release CAFR yearly.

Check it out.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm all for the idea of Top Secret R & D to keep up with the Jones.

But these budgets however seem more like some kind of coordinated ongoing defense project. Either that or it's just another example of INFLATION!

It would be great to someday know what the "Wizard" had behind the curtain though.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

It would be great to someday know what the "Wizard" had behind the curtain though.

Im with you on that, but how are we going to get to "Oz" seeing how the "Wizard" had to cut funding from the "Yellow Brick Rd" because he owed to much money to the "Lolly pop gang"?

Sorry to go off topic, but i couldnt resist.

Back on topic

Many of the secret budgets still remain clandestine, however. In the research budget, the line item for a “Special Program”of the super-secret National Security Agency is a string of zeros. Same goes for an NSA “Cyber Security Initiative”

Too bad that's just a nice way of callin the “Cyber Security Initiative” the "Big brother is, and always will be watching you, oh and btw, thanks for paying for it Initiative"

[edit on 7-5-2009 by ZombieJesus]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Let's put this in perspective. Obama's budget (including the stimulus pieces that increased federal government spending) increased the total US government budget by ~300%. Now, the black budget increases by 3% (which by the way is the normal percentage for inflation). Hmmm.. doesn't sound so outrageous put in those terms.

The outrage is the 300% in my book.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think this just shows how out of control this monster is.The country is damn near falling down around them but the war machine is so deeply rooted and leeching off The U.S like a parasite and like a true parasite its slowly killing its host.

How did the U.S.S.R fall?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Don't need to read ANY of the replies to this topic to formulate my answer.

These people DO NOT HAVE a budget. They operate with infinite money. This has allowed them to advance to another species.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
uggghhhh

this infuriates me to no end

there better be some left for when im done school!

i got some great ideas i want to happen and thanks to ethics people in the private sector i doubt it will happen. these black budgets are the open doors that scientists need to conduct experiments outside the bounds of academia and the public eye.

we used to be able to openly test on the public but now its not politically correct to for some reason. so its done in secret and alot of us require this access to the large sample of the population.

we need to all call our congressman and senators and increase the black budgets so that more can go into research like this. if your not american then you dont agree with what we americans do and you shouldnt be in america plain and simple.

in closing some people call foul when everyday people outside the military die from an experiment. but in reality every american has a god given right to die for their country weather they know it or not, they serve their patriotic duty.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well to tell you the truth these black budget allotments aren't actually all going into direct funding of projects. The prices and "cost-overruns" are all inflated to allow for capital to be siphoned to investments and re-investments into the MIC to help fund the projects which DO NOT appear on the fiscal budget or the ones that have no monetary value on the printed budget. This is a safety-net in case something happens and a project is needed to be sustained in complete seclusion and autonomy. It also helps with projects that might pop-up as spin off's from developed ultra-black technologies.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
For a moment, just imagine what you could do with a bottomless well of money, access to USAP technology and a bit of "drive".

Further imagine that you are insanely "driven" and no one can see what you are doing. Add on an enormous ready-made workforce that doesn't question orders or think about the "big picture".

Did I mention that in this imaginary scenario you would also be highly intelligent?

- Have you become immortal and conquered the planet by stealth yet? - If you haven't, you're just not trying hard enough in your head.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The secrecy is a form of national defense, and it is one of the major reasons that our country is so safe. Most nations are not willing to call our "bluff" and then realizing that we weren't bluffing.

I have spoken with several individuals inside the US Government and several very large defense contractors. I have been told several things that I thought was interesting, but there is no way that I can verify it, as no proof was given. They were that:

1) We have cloaking technology.
2) We have nearly unlimited energy technologies.
3) We have teleportation technology.
4) We have a small fleet of space craft.
5) We have bases on the Moon and Mars.

I have also been told that our technologies make Star Trek look primitive. They also mentioned that much of the black world is funded through the 'trickling down' of advanced older technologies, licensing them to companies, allowing them to "develop" them and apply them to technologies that we see available in commercial and consumer applications. The fees they receive from licensing old advanced technologies literally pour billions upon billions into these black endeavors every year. This is all done through offshore corporations that "own" the technology and license it, to other companies who sublease it, etc, which act as a front to protect these entities from public scrutiny. The money eventually is funneled to a point making it nearly untraceable.

I don't know the whole story, but these are a few tidbits I have picked up along the way. But as I said, I have no idea if any of it is true besides the words of those I have spoken with.

So in essence, the true Black Budget is in the TRILLIONS every year, funded indirectly via the means I outlined above.

new topics

top topics

join