It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did a country-sized UFO hover above Switzerland last month?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Did a country-sized UFO hover above Switzerland last month?

www.--.com

On the morning of Friday the 24th of April of this year employees at MeteoSwiss (Switzerland’s meteorological department) got the surprise of their lives. Huge circular fields hovering over Switzerland were picked up by their radars (picture above). The blue coloured circles covered the entire country. The question was asked as to whether a massive UFO was in the upper-atmosphere above the scenic mountainous nation or perhaps these circles were signs of an imminent hurricane.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Felix Schacher, a senior Meteorologist at MeteoSwiss claimed the circles were not UFOs or the signs of a hurricane about to wreak havoc on his country. Mr Schacher told the Swiss news site ’20 Minutes’ that they were merely caused by the reflection of water droplets. A few minutes after being queried on the issue the radar images were hurriedly removed from the departments website. Are we being told everything the Swiss meteorological knows about these radar images? Many Swiss UFO researchers have left comments on various internet forums expressing their doubt about that.

www.--.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
please read my post a few below, thanks.
second line..

[edit on 3-5-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Sometimes with RADAR you get anomalies called anaprop, which is often caused by inversions when moisture gets caught between air layers and reflects the RADAR back to the base, giving the impression there is a solid object in that area when infact its nothing but moisture thats being reflected back.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Yes, they did use that as the official story, but the suspicious part was immediately removing the images and they disappeared. This is the part that supports something is not right with this official story and supports the first thoughts that emerged from viewing the data.

Good find for this story. Starred and flagged.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
Yes, they did use that as the official story, but the suspicious part was immediately removing the images and they disappeared. This is the part that supports something is not right with this official story and supports the first thoughts that emerged from viewing the data.

I can't believe that this thread has got a star and flag and my thread about this yesterday www.abovetopsecret.com... (that was conclusively debunked ) got diddly squat.Now that is a conspiracy

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq

That's not suspicious at all... I'd do it too.. and damned quick! Because once CT's get a hold of something to don't let go... Even when faced with the rational answer...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ressiv

Felix Schacher, a senior Meteorologist at MeteoSwiss claimed the circles were not UFOs or the signs of a hurricane about to wreak havoc on his country. Mr Schacher told the Swiss news site ’20 Minutes’ that they were merely caused by the reflection of water droplets.

Yea, that sounds like hooey to me too.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Are the employees at MeteoSwiss unaware of this reasonable explanation? If so why were they surprised at this radar image? Would they have not latched onto this official explanation immediately themselves?

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

If you read the article, the "surprise of their life" was attributed by the reporter. The first thing anyone says from Meteo in the article is that they are NOT ufos.

So I'm not sure where you get the impression that the folks at Meteo were "surprised" except for the literary use of "Surprise of their lives" written by the author but not supported at all in the article.

methinks you just *want* it to be that way.

As mentioned here, and in other threads linked to within this one, this is very common. I see it here in Atlanta at least twice a year or so...

As I said before...

s/molehill/mountain/g

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

Considering that shade of blue is the least dense moisture that the radar picks up, it would be a very feeble giant UFO lol..

I could see if maybe it was a dark red ring.. ie., very dense..

This is why UFO folks have no credibility.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
is that where the LHC is? bit scary but like you say probably water

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Its difficult to confirm a true center of the circles at this resolution, but it appears to be around the Zug/Horgen/Affoltern area (Not to far from Zurich). Could this be normal behavior for a radar image, or did a massive electromagnetic pulse not caused by the radar itself, create this reflection? Does the Met departments radar actually center in the middle of these circles? ....or did another emp source create this reflection off the water droplets? There are some mountains in the area mentioned, could an explaination be some type of underground weapon test?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
More information is needed before this becomes interesting.

If the rings are centered on the radar, it is an artifact of the radar. Nothing interesting.

If the Radar antenna is not centered, that would strongly suggest the existence of somthing circular returning the signal.

It would be extremely unlikely that a huge UFO would be centered over the Radar.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
A reader of the French-speaking website www.newsoftomorrow.org... sent a comment about this case. He found the same anomaly above Montreal, Canada.

Please see below :

You can find it here : www.newsoftomorrow.org...

The radar station should be the J. S. Marshall Radar Observatory of the McGill University.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mat.ope13

I guarantee that if you plot the exact center of these circles, there will be a weather tower there. This is very common, nothing out of the ordinary, like many people have said above. This is just an artifact of the doppler system.

join