It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Draconian' powers seen to contain swine flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Found this article about the rights people potentially will no longer have in a few countries during a pandemic, should the governments enforce it. Written by the mainstream news no less.

Australia's pandemic action plan, a draft of which is publicly available on the Internet, reveals the government potentially has recourse to even more extreme measures should the threat escalate. The plan, which was updated in April, allows for "extraordinary measures" including the power to manage the supply of goods and services, giving it effective control over the economy.

Article

[edit on 3-5-2009 by Neaux]

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Yeah we've got that here in the US as well as possible forced slavery. Im not sure how much they will use but they can basically do anything to anyone now.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Scary thought. I can see it now, everyone locked up in their own homes with big brother watching, and the soldiers dropping off your food ration. Putting cameras in peoples homes, being required to show yourself? At least I would rather be in my own home than somewhere else. Can you imagine going on vacation to Japan, testing positive at the airport and then being locked up in a "Fever Room"? No thanks, I'm not going anywhere for awhile, and I'm going to go buy some more beans and KD.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
China has rounded up Mexican visitors and quarantined them, even though only one was found to be infected.

Mexico's foreign minister said Mexican citizens with no signs of infection had been isolated in "unacceptable conditions" in China. Patricia Espinosa told a news conference Saturday that such measures were "discriminatory and ungrounded" and that the government is advising Mexicans to stay away from China.

Article

new topics

top topics

join