It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Siren Just Scared me into reality!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Funny, I did the exact same thing
we must be close as the swirly was just north and east of my location....Fayettenam

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Being from a tornado prone area of Ohio, we too, have the sirens, however...the PTB also test these sirens on a regular basis. Just like the Emergency Broadcast System regularly does tests on television, so do these systems need to be tested.

Here in my city, it is typically the first Saturday of the month at exactly 11am.

I would suggest calling the local authorities and asking what your regularly scheduled testing days and times are.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
bath tub or something

I have no idea what a bath tub would do to protect anyone? Is this the same thing as Indie hiding in the fridge during a nuke??

I've never heard of it, and honestly, I don't see a bath doing anything in any crisis.

Honest question too.. !!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
The warning sirens went off in my town today as well. They had issued a tornado warning and it was coming right at me. I grabbed my video camera and ran outside. I LOVE crap like that.

Turns out it was to the north of me so I didn't get to video a tornado. Darnit. Maybe tomorrow.

Hahaha You sound like a man after my own heart. Get in with the rough of it and get it on tape !!

Terrestrial weather is such a force - one I'm glad we can mostly endure.

Having seen the movie "Knowing", I can't but feel how inadequate we are as beings if such an event were to occur... No doorways, bathtubs, fridges or lead boxes to save us then.. So I'd be right out there watching the inevitable show. Why not.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

My best place to find is a parking lot, Depending on the size and the severity of the quake whether it's 10 secs or 20 secs..it's fairly short lived and if there are any car's in the area. Here's why (IMO)...

~most do not have any trees, power lines ect to fall down on top of you

~even a small parking lot can be fairly safe ..

~if the car's transmissions give out and start making cars roll around.. you can avoid them fairly easy.. just must keep your head on a swivel!!!

I ran out of an apt complex in Vancouver WA back in the 2001 in the 6.8 Olympia quake and it was seriously rocking cars like they were toys from 120miles away!!!

I ran out and shouted to get out of the buildings while a lady with a infant STANDS in the doorway of her front door and says.."ohh.. weeeee" as she holds her infant. "hey honey we're having a quake like in San Fran!" I was totally shocked because she does NOT know how deep the quake was, where it was coming from ect.. Then she says something "ohhh that was a small one.. " Like how the hell did she know ?? ! I've always thought ...what if the apt did collapse!

I was in the middle of the parking lot and thank god no cars rolled away just rocked back & forth up and down side-to-side because the transmissions were all in park and held fast.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
We have a siren here for the fire dept. I sounds EXACTLY like an air raid siren!!

The first time I heard it 3 years ago, I ran outside and looked up and around for streaking smoke trails or aircraft. nada.. went back inside and turn on the propaganda viewer (tv) and nada.. Jumped in my car drove down the main street to see what was going on and nada.. couldn't figure it out..

After it went off again the 2nd time 2weeks later.. discovered it was the firehouse !

Not sure why their using an air raid siren for a fire house .. !!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
you should also watch your local news more often, usually they will mention that there will be a siren test, usually called tornado siren test. Here in Minnesota where I live, they do this once a month or twice every Thursday anywhere between 1 pm to 2 pm, Thats what I bet it was for you.. but if a siren does sound always have the TV on a local station, cause if there is a emergency of any sort when a siren goes off, they will also immediately interupt regular programming and say whats going on, usually through weather man from ya local TV news station, or and this can happen, from Federal Government, if its even more serious... I would tend to think it would be a sort of thing with a strange buzz and then scrolling words on bottom with an announcer saying whatever.. but thats something thats rare if it ever happens, cause sometimes even the Federal/State Gov will test that sometimes..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join