It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Virgin Galactic: Aussie woman over the moon about leaving Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Source:

Glenys Ambe, who has bought a ticket on Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic spaceship, resembled a giddy schoolgirl today as she sat and watched a simulated flight of the aircraft. The 56-year-old fashion shop owner from Brisbane was a star guest at a technology launch by Virgin Galactic in Sydney, which included a digital simulation of the two-hour flight that will cost her $277,400. .................

Wow this is a Great idea of Sir Richard's testing of his WhiteKnightTwo(Christened “EVE” in honor of Sir Richard Branson’s mother) which will carry SpaceShipTwo is on the way expecting to take until mid 2011- 2012.

WhiteKnightTwo pictures and video here:

Virgin Galactic Spaceship One promotional trailer starring Richard Branson
September 29, 2006:

Animated:

Google Video Link

Real time: Click Flash version Fully featured media rich version of the Virgin Galactic Experience.

.doc PressRelease Virgin Galactic VMS Eve Test Flight PressRelease 26 03 09

TEST FLYING PROGRAMME FOR VIRGIN GALACTIC SPACE LAUNCH SYSTEM NOW FULLY UNDERWAY – MOTHERSHIP EVE ACHIEVES FASTEST AND LONGEST YET FLIGHT IN THE TROPOSPHERE WhiteKnightTwo launch vehicle for SpaceShipTwo heralds a new era in aerospace fuel efficiency, performance and versatility Mojave Air and Spaceport, California 27th March 2009

Source:

Testing of the six-passenger craft, SpaceShipTwo, and its mother ship, WhiteKnightTwo, is expected to take until mid 2011. Commercial flights will follow later that year under a lottery system for the first 500 passengers, who include Sir Richard, his family and other VIPs.

Zelong.

Virgin Galactic

[edit on 27/4/09 by Zelong]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
wow I just fell in love with that video.
I hope I can save enough to make many trips to space
and that I can live long enough to see houses in space

join