It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake up and smell the pepper spray. These 3,609 new laws are to control us, not protect us

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
LAUREN BOOTH: Wake up and smell the pepper spray. These 3,609 new laws are to control us, not protect us

I was outside the Bank of England during the G20 protest, not far from where passer-by Ian Tomlinson died after being assaulted by a police officer.

The police presence was as excessive as it was provocative.

[...]

When policing events, they are issued with ‘Nato’ helmets, flame-retardant overalls, stab vests, gloves, balaclavas and boots. All carry the standard batons, pepper spray and cuffs.

Yet let’s try to remember the last full-on riot in Britain that resulted from
a political rally – ah yes, the Poll Tax riots almost 20 years ago.

But the police are still authorised to use Tasers and firearm-trained TSG officers carry pistols or sub-machine guns.

My God, when did we accept that armoured cars, special snatch squads and armed police were the right level of policing for protests against Government policy?

How did we sleepwalk into a situation where our movements, all of our electronic data, even our DNA, is stored on a massive central database?

In fact, it was easy for Blairites to con us into accepting the 3,609 new offences they have created since 1997.

They tapped into our fears and prejudices so we simply ignored the repeal of our rights.

Anti-terror legislation was not too subtly sold as being aimed at evil, dastardly Jihadi-types – not ‘us’.

(Click this link to view full-article: www.dailymail.co.uk...)

If you don't want to be a slave, you need to fight for freedom! Go get it. It's never too late to take what belongs to you.

Only cattle-like people will support their local & "federal" governments.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
What i find interesting about this is..
that parliament usually sit for 150 days per year. That is 3600 hours.

The Public Gallery is open to the public when the House is sitting, which is usually:

14.30 - 22.30 or later on Mondays and Tuesdays

11.30 - 19.30 on Wednesdays

10.30 - 18.30 on Thursdays

09.30 - 15.00 on sitting Fridays

source

note 'on sitting fridays'.

Attending on Monday - Thursday: Question Time

The first hour of proceedings on these days is devoted to Question Time. On Wednesdays, the last half hour of Question Time is taken by Prime Minister's Questions.

so discounting recesses (and giving them the benefit of the doubt on 'sitting friday's' because i can't be bothered anymore with the math ) parliament 'makes law' for 33 hours a week for 30 weeks a year.

Thats 990 hours per year (not counting lunch).

So this means they manage to make a new law every 2 and three quarter(roughly) hours.

I doubt that any of these laws do anything but help make rich people richer and attempt to make the poor more helpless.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by ivycutler i hate maths]

[edit on 22-4-2009 by ivycutler]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ivycutler

I know what you mean. Those tyrants & fiat-lawmakers are not serving the public. They're trying to keep the general-population enslaved & ignorant. We're not their slaves! We must keep ourselves free to survive.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
i have a question for all so called free men and women of this world .
when did we the people ever give up our right and control of the governments- to they the governments,in all free nations.also since when did they the governments decide that we the people of the nations are nothing more than cannon fodder for them to be used and abused at their whim and fancy.
i for one have never been invited to have my voice or vote on any issue that they come up with, it seems they have decided that they are GOD, [the ruling class] and we the people are their slaves .
so when are the slaves going to stand up for themselves instead of bowing and kowtowing to them. REMEMBER - we the people are also we the tax payer and they seem to have forgotten that they work for us and not their selves.
we have lost all sense of self only to follow with out questioning what they have done to us and the worse thing is that we let them do it to us through their so called system of laws,gag.

this is not a democracy as they call it ,it is a police state -WAKE UP.
Britain just started concentration camps for its unemployed youth-calling them training facilities for jobs ,and where are those jobs ask the banks that just collapsed the monetary system along with the oil barons and speculators and they are still walking around as free men.
United states of America called out the army for the kids at Kent state and killed 3 all because they said no to them and that they wanted change.
how about the latest one that was charged and jailed for speaking out against the government .
Tienanmen square and the list goes on world wide in all nations .
the old men are insane -and nothing can change that until we oust them from their IVORY CASTLES.and their houses of lies.
democracy is not the few who make the choices it is where all who live within that nation make the choice not a few buffoons.who dress up in silly little white wigs ,who live so far in the past that they could never see the future-as they still believe that we the people are still uneducated children -surprise surprise ,we are educated a alot wiser than the man suspects.

join