It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monstrous solar storms,crushing cold temperatures and global famine? Is this happening!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I have been wondering for a month now, where has Spring gone? I don't think I've ever remembered having to have my heater on in April, and it just doesn't sit right.

Then I ran across this article today,written by US Navy Physicist,James A. Marusek.

Excerpts:

The sun has gone very quiet as it transitions to Solar Cycle 24.
"(The sun) might (1) revert to the old solar cycles or (2) the sun might go even quieter into a "Dalton Minimum" or a Grand Minima such as the "Maunder Minimum". It is still a little early to predict which way it will swing. Each of these two possibilities holds a great threat to our nation.

"We are now at a crossroad. Two paths lie before us. Both are marked with a signpost that reads "Danger"! Down one path lies monstrous solar storms. Down the other path lies several decades of crushing cold temperatures and global famine."

Global warming?? I think not.

"Temperatures are already falling. Satellites provide generally the most accurate atmospheric temperature measurements covering the entire globe. From the peak year 1998, the lower Troposphere temperatures globally have fallen around 1/2 degree Celsius due to the quiet sun.

"This is despite the fact that during that same time period, atmospheric carbon dioxide (at Mauna Loa) has risen 5% from 367 ppm to 386 ppm. The main threat from a "Dalton Minimum" or "Maunder Minimum" event is famine and starvation (affecting millions or hundreds of millions worldwide) due to shortened growing seasons and harsher weather. In the past, in addition to great famines, this cold harsh weather has also lead to major epidemics.

I think I heard someone the other day talking about 'year without a summer", but never thought I'd see it in my lifetime.

link

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Someone posted this about a week ago. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think that anyone really knows what the future holds. The sun has been going through its cycles for a long time relative to how little data we actually have on it. I don't think we are in a position to really say what it is going to do next.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Well down here in NZ its autumn but its still nice and warm.Warmer than it should be haven't even had a decent storm yet.Bugger all rain either.Do I think the sky is falling?No.
I think the world works in mysterious ways and sometimes its warm and sometimes its cold when it shouldn't be.Go figure

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

The cold weather must just hold off for 2 more weeks ... I want to squeeze in one last fishing and camping trip in before the Ice Age.

Hopefully the monster crocodiles in the dam that I am going to be fishing will be able to survive ... strangely I have a soft spot for them despite being absolutely terrified of being taken by one.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Hi there, I cant remember where, but I did hear approx. 1 year ago that the whole solar system was experiencing warming due to changes in the sun itself.
Astronomers have noted more extremes in seasonal changes on Mars.
Moons orbiting Jupiter in particular, Europa; has shown to be developing Methane seas: where once was only methane ice.
Titan (saturn), has shown changes in frozen sea masses also.
Conclusion: Global warming on Earth is indeed a reality.
HOWEVER; THIS IS NOT APPARENT ONLY TO EARTH!!!
It is not caused by the cars you drive etc. It was going to happen anyway. Sure, cars and fossil fuels obviously are not good (just to mention few!), but sure as the sun has cycles, as the earth does seasons- this is just another event in the life of or Sun.
And, don't our governments love screwing us at the same time as extracting more money from us - and at the same time trying to make us feel guilty for something that they know, is beyond our control.
But hey arent they the ones that monitor our markets???!!!

P.s: the flames is for those Governments hypocrites/liers/scumbags.....you get my drift!!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Truthfully your up the creek without a paddle. If its in the minimum and it stays cold. then yes there will be cold and global famine. Yet if we get the solar storms. We will lose are electric grids, cars, Tvs, sats, and so on. and then after all of that is done with we will then have the mini ice age. So either way your screwed.

I grew up in Maine, the weather you are now seeing is normal for there. Here in North Carolina Weather seems to be about normal. Tons of storms weekly which just are a pain in the Butt. but other then that we seem to be warming up.

My husband speaks spanish, and he watched a special on national geo. on a spanish channel. It was about the solar activity between now and 2012. And what is suppose to happen. All I can say is stock up on plenty of kero lamps, Kero heaters, wood stoves, Stock pile food, and meds. A horse would be good as well for transportation. Unless if you prefer a bike?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by pmbhuntress

weather patterns here in Australia seem to actually be returning back to what I was taught they should be, some 20years ago in school.
I think we are coming out of El Nino now, seeing we havent heard the media harp-on about it.
Traditional here in Sydney, between Nov and Jan are supposed to be our hottest/ yet wettest months; this has happened this year.
But I do agree that the weather is more consistently unpredictable ( if you can have such a think)-pardon the paradox.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
But it's not very cold on a global scale and given that even half of the USA has just had a warmer than average winter I think some folk are being rather quick to jump to conclusions.

And if we want to be parochial, where I live in England it's been rather warm (for the time of year) since early February - so no sign of any cooling here just now.

Oh, and btw, if it's just the sun dictating warming/cooling then we should be seeing all other planets currently cooling as a result of reduced solar activity

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I have to say that over the past 70 years weather in Maine has been a drastic change. My mom can remember walking to school when there feet would be level with the telephone lines. Because that is how deep the snow banks were. Yet now we no longer get that type of snow. The temps were so cold way back then that the birds would fall right out of the trees dead. And if not protected peoples ears would crack from the cold and blood would run down there necks. My grandfather had that happen to him. Now you dont see cold weather like that, You also dont see snow like that. Only 2 times in my life time have I seen alot of snow at one time in Maine. In the late 70s they had a storm that brought in over 6 feet of snow on thanksgiving. And in 2006 there was a storm that droped 5 feet of snow in 8 hours. 2 weeks later another storm came in and dropped another 3 feet. Then the cold snap came and it went down to -35 degrees.

I actually moved from the state of Maine that summer. I couldnt help myself. I saw no sense at all in living through another winter of having to crawl through a window to shovel out the front door.

But I still have to say that it never touched the old records. If and that is a big if! we do go through the sunspot activity like nation geo is talking about and a mini ice age, we will be seeing the old days coming back again. All I can say is thank God I live in North Carolina now. There is no way I would want to see Maine's records broken.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The Piri Reis map Circa:1513, shows Antarctica as a land-mass. If its possible that this is not an added feature of assumption (For the map maker), would it not be reasonable to assume that temperature and weather patterns alike are in a constant state of change.
Is it not possible that the Earth has previously experienced conditions where polar caps where partly land-mass, as well as ice-ages?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Very interesting thread. I have been getting an education of sorts from a friend on this subject. Just today, browinsing the web, I found this interesting tid bit. Though it might add to this discussion.

This article touches on solar storms and the potential of havoc that comes with them.

Solar cycles of more and fewer sunspots last several years and the cycle currently building up will be number 24 since counting began.

Here is the source: Warning: Sunspot cycle begining to rise

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BeavX

Years ago as a school vocation, I did work experience at the Bureau of Meteorology. I was interested particularly in the study that was done on the Sun itself, and the affects of solar radiation upon weather patterns, and particularly the Earths Ionosphere.
Part of the Bureaus function was to provide data regarding the thickness of the Ionosphere at certain points, as an aid to favorable radio communication.
Solar flares, effect weather patterns; however I was led to believe that electro-magnetic spikes from Sun-spot activity, for Earth is more devastating.
Back then (early 80's) it was thought that Sun-spot cycles were normally for the duration of 11 years.

top topics

join