It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama looking to legalize wiretapping permanently.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
The new boss is looking alot like the old one.Change is wonderful isn't it, under the Obama Nation. Things apparently never change is this country, is just seems to be another day of business as usual. And unfortunatley people are not waking up fast enough, because it seems as if people are still high on the doobie of Change. Everybody needs to wake up now!!!

www.infowars.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by alove24

Yep....I saw this earlier on the internet...Thanksfor posting...I'm reading the article and watching the video.....Obama is pushing for warrantless wiretapping...but then we shoulda knew somethin was up cuz we haven't had 9 out of the 10 Bill of Rights in a long time...The only one we got left is the right to bear arms....and that's about to gone

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by alove24

I guess what Obama meant by change, is change in skin color but with the same old ideas....He is Bush Jr with darker skin....

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by alove24
The new boss is looking alot like the old one.

Yep, but since everybody loves Obama, all of a sudden it will now be cool.

Maybe TPTB are big fans of The Who:
..."meet the new boss, same as the old boss"
...the same song with the now infamous lyrics; "we won't get fooled again."

but we did.
Fool me once, shame on ?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
If this source is in fact reliable, then I can only say that this is quite befitting of President Obama's Political ideologies.

Personally, I trusted President Bush's reasoning behind the Wiretaps, simply due to the stated objectives. In regards to the current Administration however, I have no idea where they stand in their ultimate objectives.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Both of the objectives that these administrations have lined up, they maybe might have different wording,but the end result is still the same. Less liberty for us and more power and control for them.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
...the same song with the now infamous lyrics; "we won't get fooled again."

The voters in america will always be fooled into thinking the change in president will bring change. They do the same in uk with the two parties there.

I see olbermann, was not as hard on obama last night was he, he tried to say it is used by all preidents in all situations.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If wiretaps are in place, permanently, why all the hulabaloo with the hackers that get into things like the power distribution grid, Pentagon, and all the others?

If the government makes it legal for "them", who are "they", but WE THE PEOPLE. Meaning, if the government can do it, why can't I, or anyone else do the same without fear of prosecution?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by pyrytyes

By that logic you should be able to take your neighbors money and property to hand out to others as you see fit. Keeping some or all of it for yourself of course. You could also start dumping crap in the water as long as you say it's for our own good. Gotta love government. Our lord and savior.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I don't think that obama is the same as the old boss Who song would imply,but I do however believe that they each have their part in a much bigger plan that all comes together in the end.

I am sure that Bush got what he was supposed to get done while he was in there, and now obama will get done what ever they might have on their agenda for this administration and then move on from there..

I think the point is that once all this comes together,(and it will in the end), what the hell are we going to do. It may even be too late by then, who knows. They sound like they have their plan coming together pretty well to me, what with plastic body storage stacked up in Indiana and Georgia, and concentration camps being built (and/or being rebuilt) , I mean what more do you need to understand that some thing is definitely going on in this country.

Are we ready? Do we have food?? Will we have shelter? Are we stock piling store able food and drinking water? I doubt that many of us are. Old habits are going to be hard to break I guess. They do say that the only thing that will have any value will be minerals (gold and silver) land, and food, (including water of course). I think it is time we got ready for the storm that is coming right at us as we speak in here..

I am checking into an under ground shelter big enough to hold up in on some land that I have. If I can figure out a way I can do that I may build a house right on top of it some time after.

Some of my friends and I are going way south and ride the mountains in north Georgia and I might have the opportunity to just cruise on by Madison, Georgia and check some of that stuff out that we have all been talking about for so long. Besides, it is always nice to have first hand evidence when your trying to get a better understanding of it all, if you know what I mean...No you don't...Okay that's kool, but be sure that we are ready for what is coming...sabre11004...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Well, yeah, that would be taking it to the extreme...

What I intended is cell phones, for example, operate on frequencies, one with a frequency generator could monitor calls, at least locally, and gather all sorts of information, about and / or on just anyone utilizing a cell phone. I would imagine, without hard personal knowledge, that that is how much of the "government" wiretapping is conducted.
Beating them at their own game, using the "law" to my own advantage.
"Hello, Blago, I heard that you want $X for that senate seat. Would you settle for $Y and some future considerations?"

I could use, as does our government, any information garnered for my personal use without fear of retribution, as it would be perfectly legal.

For an example, trading on the markets...dial into the frequency of a particular trader and determine which stocks are going to be hot.

top topics

join