It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Pledges to Lead World Into Nuclear-Free Future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Obama Pledges to Lead World Into Nuclear-Free Future

www.foxnews.com

PRAGUE -- Declaring the future of mankind at stake, President Obama on Sunday said all nations must strive to rid the world of nuclear arms and that the U.S. had a "moral responsibility" to lead because no other country has used one.

A North Korean rocket launch upstaged Obama's idealistic call to action, delivered in the capital of the Czech Republic, a former satellite of the Soviet Union. But Obama dismissed those who say the spread of nuclear weapons, "the most dangerous legacy of the Cold War," cannot be checked.

"This goal will not be reached quickly -- perhaps not in my lifetime," he told a cheering crowd of more than 20,000 in the historic square outside the Prague Castle gates. We "must ignore the voices who tell us that the world cannot change. We have to insist, 'Yes, we can.'"

Few experts think it's possible to completely eradicate nuclear weapons, and many say it wouldn't be a good idea even if it could be done. Even backward nations such as North Korea have shown they can develop bombs, given enough time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.politico.com
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
As good of this sounds I highly doubt this could ever happen. The way I perceive the future moderately funded terror organizations will easily have the capabilities & resources to make sufficient nuclear weapons but perhaps not ones with advanced missile technology.

Sounds to me like this is going to be something that is pushed thru United Nations sanctions and members of the United Nations will gradually get smaller and smaller. Finding reasons to remove certain nuclear nations just to gain more power in the world. But what about Russia, does Obama really think that there will ever come a time in which we the United States are the last remaining country on the planet with Nukes. That would never happen cause and we would never give them up before all before us either.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Psst, over here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Psst, over here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry I looked for it.

It doesn't seem either thread is getting the attention it deserves tho.

posted on Apr, 5 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Chalk up another lie to Obama.

They are piling up.

new topics

top topics

join