It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excel 2007 help please?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I tried this out in an excel forum but they arent as quick as you guys...ot as helpful. Realised there is a cumporter forum here, so why not ask friebds....

I have just upgraded to 2007 and am using a spreadsheet I created in the old excel that has a drop down box.

I have extra data that needs to be included in the drop down, but cannot find how to edit the range.

I even tried to create the drop down from scratch but it wont let me select the range from a different worksheet.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Ant

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Viking I was a glorified secretary for 2 years and 3 summers (which means I pretty much did all my bosses work) and I personally love using Excel. We had MSOffice 2003 until last summer, then I think we upgraded.

Anyway, I'm pretty good with Excel although, I don't quite understand what you're meaning.... (Just woke up from a mini nap - not in the best condition to imagine).

Could you do a screenshot? Or, better yet... (if its not sensitive info) email it my direction and I'll take a look?

- Carrot

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Thanks Carrot...
on its way as I type.

I owe you....a bottle if Wolfblass?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/90ae9a3b910f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Perfecto Mucho Senor!
Mon Favorito!

Tis the BEST wine on the face of the planet... (well that comes from Aussieland anyway).

- Carrot

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Your drop down list is getting the data from elsewhere in the spreadsheet (usually through the Data, Data Validation command).

All you have to do is find that listing on the spreadsheet (most put it on another tab or way down at the bottom or side of the current sheet, etc.), and then add your number to that dataset.

new topics

top topics

join