It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG Bonus Outrage Has Employees Living in Fear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

AIG Bonus Outrage Has Employees Living in Fear

FAIRFIELD, Connecticut - Pillars of the community are now pariahs fearing for their safety in a ritzy area of Connecticut home to many executives at American International Group Inc., hit with a backlash over bonuses it paid to top brass even as it accepted federal bailout money. The payouts to executives appear to have helped put a face on the economic struggles the country faces, and the anger targeting AIG is palpable. Death threats have been pouring in since the brouhaha broke, the company said, and its workers are taking no chances. "It's scary," one executive said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he feared retribution. "People are very, very nervous for their security."

Link to Full Article

Hi people. I hope that this thread doesn't turn into a hate-fest.
AIG does need to be dealt with in an appropriate manner - whatever that is - and this is NOT to undermine the fact that multitudes of people/families have lost their homes, jobs, retirements and more, but threatening to kill people isn't the route. Not every single employee that works for AIG was responsible for this mess. This is like when other countries blame every citizen of a particular country for the deeds of a few or its government.

This news story is from MSNBC. I don't know how to insert the source.

[edit on 21-3-2009 by lel1111]

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I agree.
there are also a normal bank clerks (I hope) and they families should not be threaten any way.
and it will be so only if the government will take some court criminal action against the banksters among them.
otherwise it won't stop people to threaten the guilty and innocent ones.

and frankly I am sorry for that families.
star for you OP

new topics

join