It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About reporting UFO and stuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I have been following ATS for three years, give or take, been a member a bit less, but it still strikes me that people tend to report sightings in amazingly wrong ways. If you ever want to be taken seriously, here's a link to a story in The Gray Area that is honestly written. It also gives a nice natural explanation as an alternative.

Here's a link to another thread.

That only servers as an example, and if you read his natural explanation you must admit that you tend to believe him. Why? Because of the way it is written and because of the personality you can see between the lines. It is honest as far as I am concerned.

All you people who report with OMG!!11 I was a UFO!!!!!!! and "Absolute proof of X!!!11?!1" are only hurting yourselves. The thing is, you cannot possible convince the world unless you convince the skeptics, you just have to accept that. There is no other way.

So I just ask you people to just report things in ways that are even remotely believable. Luckily I have seen those kinds of examples as well so not everything is ruined yet.

If you can't report in a comprehensible way, don't report it at all. You just hurt the subject.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

I love your logic . This logic is useful in other areas as well. Say if your friend is engaging you in a political argument, take his side and agree with things he is saying and throw in a couple of curve balls in between the lines so he does not expect it and hardly hears it, and he will eventually start agreeing with you.

new topics

join