It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 392
<< 389  390  391   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

MMmmm....
Well, I'm still working on the particulars - but yes, people can wander into it.

It always has to do with a 'portal' - a power-place - and, for the purposes of our story, there are several on each planet. One must always go through some kind of mist, though, and then summon the barges -
Remember when Dag was in the underground palace on Vandalia? That was our first hint.

She was to go to the portal at Fairy Stone Park with Brittle - but they never made it. I'll dig out the references from past posts today and clear it up in my mind.

I suppose it's similar to how Death & Friends move back and forth...

to tell you the truth, I'm going to have to read back to see!!!

I'm hoping that BIAD and neno have some ways devised as well.
Guys????

Suggestions??

(Thanks for the welcome! And the avy comment; I like it, too
)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I remember when Dag got there - yes.

In Jeni's case I don't think a portal will be needed as she's getting transported by accident? Would that be a problem for your story line? It shouldn't interfere with the others - but it might give Death something to think about, lol!

So - you're saying the boat would be required. No problem. And of course the mist. Gotcha!

Thanks

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Here is a little bit of info on Avalon for ya: Avalon in Literature and History
Enjoy!!

The image in my mind is the one painted by Marion Zimmer Bradley in her book "The Mists of Avalon". I think I'll reread it now (it's a big, fat novel, though - will take a bit of time)....

Question for the guys:

Where is Caliburn now? Does neno still have it?

I need to read back a ways to figure out where we all are.
edit on 2/11/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

...In one great act of Druid magic, to protect the last precious refuge of their school, they had made the last great change in the world; that change which removed the Island of Avalon from the world of mankind. (Mists 114)

edit on 2/11/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Heh! Nice avatar!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

'The Mists of Avalon' at one time was an epic book in my life.
It will be fun to 'revisit' it in this forum.
Thanks for the heads up.
peace

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Oh, Good!!

I only mentioned it to give you some background on what I've gleaned about it. I have a whole collection of "King Arthur" novels and movies and literature -- but 'Mists' remains the most prominent in my memory.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Ok soooooo - I don't know why and I don't want to know why but it looks to me like one of our members has been banned. And no, believe it or not I'm not taking any delight in this. It's a shame.

So - What do we do now?

Do we carry on? Or close down.

BIAD and Neno please let me know your thoughts.

I was sending a number of my characters your way - but honestly I'm not interested in writing around Avalon (that's been written about ad nauseum) unless you two still want to and if that's the case let me know and I'll send my gang there. I have the post ready to go anyway was a bout to post it when I saw our friend was gone.

peace

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I’m in hopes you two can help here.

I’m really not thrilled about the Avalon thing. As I said before - Avalon's been written and re-written so many times it’s nauseating. It’s like our kids from the Opera going back into the Bible. There’s just some things I’m not interested in re-writing.

BUT - on the other hand - I’m sure there’s something we can do to that ‘place’ to get it sown up. Maybe it is just a huge hologram of the Ophie’s trying to trap Neno and BIAD, or a nightmare through the veil that needs to stay tucked in? Who knows.

If you’ve any help on where you want to go with this Avalon thing? Please give me some input.

Jeni is already there (almost at least and that can be changed) - Moriah in the next day or two trailing her sister.

From there? Chumley will be outside ‘Avalon’s’ walls with Newman (or not? Not sure what’s up with Newman since the destruction of the camp).

Anyway - would appreciate a heads up on the Avalon thing - of I’ll just follow the lead where either of you are going...

peace

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I dunno about Avalon - that was the concept, but I've not got as firm a concept as others of what Avalon IS, so I was just going to call it something else (whatever struck neno's rather odd fancy), but with the same basic concept I have of Avalon. I've no reason to think that anyone can't call it anything, or that it can be "anywhere", just that it's in some other dimension, or maybe a place 'tween dimensions.

I hate to see our co-writer gone, but the show must go on, and so it shall. I'm just not sure how to handle it. Probably need to retire her characters somehow, maybe "park" them but by no means kill them off. I'm not caught up on the story - working two jobs and all that takes a toll, and then there was the whole end-of-the-world Viking Apocalypse that happened Saturday evening that I had to celebrate (drinking, carousing, wenching, feasting... the whole nine yards, complete with my very own dancing Valkyrie girl... life is GOOD after the end of the world, which after all, only happens once - a year...)

The new avatar was created by my little missus in Photoshop, using the original Curmudgeon character that I had to hunt the internet for the original of, and then she found the exact duster I wear, added the Bohannon hat, and there it was. She's still got some work to do on it, but I like the direction it's going in. I watched her do it, and STILL don't know how it's done. PS is just a Black Art to me!

So - I'm off to get caught up. I've left neno hanging in the mist too long.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Ok - so we'll not call it Avalon (thank Jenovah) but the concept? I've got that down well. I've also read just about every King Aurthur book out there including the ones spoken of here so there's no problem with the mind's eye.

So it's a 'tween' dimension. Great. That works and fits right in with Jeni getting teleported - into a tweenie - no problem. I don't think Chumley and the others will find her - but we'll see. Jeni will catch up with the rest of you soon. Edit to add While editing this note I was thinking I'll probably leave Jeni there in that 'tweenie' area - in the 'Sisterhood'. It will give us a reason to back if we ever choose to.

I see no reason why the characters left from our co-writer can't stay where they are. They're 'in training' for whatever the Sisterhood is training for. Maybe it will come in handy down the line - who knows. For now I see no reason why they can't stay there. It would fit wouldn't it?

I hope the old broad in the dirty poncho makes it out though. Miss that old hag.

And that new avatar? Great job! She got 'curmudgeon' down pat!

peace

edit on 25-2-2014 by silo13 because: bbc

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I'll have to take a look myself, I think Mucklebones and Tibbs are flying
on the back of a Uktena into the mist and Boy In A Dress is jumped through
that pesky Atomic device into... well, into somewhere.

BIAD rarely leaves his shed these days, I think he's building something.

I -too agree it's a shame about Wildtimes.
edit on pm b201414 152 pm by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

So Tibbs and Muckles are on the way into the mist too?
Maybe they could find Jeni?
Let's see...

PS - What you think BIAD is building?

Edit to Add:

Jeni is 'wherever' that place not called Avalon is. She's blind. But she's there. Do with her what you will if I don't get back to her in the next few days. Maybe she'll meet up with Muckles? Tibbs? Whoever?

Chumley is on the way planet side in a Tumbler with all the animals from the Center. He'll release them on planet and sucks to be you to that killing vegetation - those pigs are going to root it out right back to the hell it sprouted from.

Chumley can sit for a while, as can Newman.

I have to get back to Silo. Finally.

peace
edit on 27-2-2014 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If y'all would be so kind as to start another working thread, I'd be most grateful.

The reason is the load on the ATS servers and the cut-off is 400 pages.

I'll close this one as soon as it's up, so save a link to find it when you need it.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Would you start it please? It would be great to keep things the same.

Call it superstition?

peace

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

OK...

I'll add a link here and in the OP

The New Space Opera Working Thread

Please save a link to this old one as it will be dropped as a
'stickied' thread shortly

Closing this one
edit on 28/2/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

<< 389  390  391   >>

join