It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US diplomat resigns from intelligence post over Israel criticism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by john_bmth

It is interesting how most members shy away from threads that are in any way critical of Israel when the typical "shoot the messenger" and other Israel apologists show up. Do a web search of the infamous "we own America" Sharon quote. You'll get many hits which show that it isn't as easily dismissed as the Israel apologists on this thread would have you believe. Whether Sharon said it or not, it is a true statement. The USA and American taxpayers are a primary financial and military support tool of the state of Israel. The US government and MSM rarely dare to criticize Israel's treatment of the Palestinians but, instead, just buy into and regurgitates Israel's propaganda.

[edit on 3/11/2009 by dubiousone]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
Israel was probably western civilization's biggest mistake since the dark ages.
Now they own us, and we're no longer a sovereign nation.

Funny how certain extremely wealthy and powerful people's names keep popping up at mayor historic events huh?

The Rockefeller Museum, named for American philanthropist John D. Rockefeller Jr. is one of the Jerusalem's most exquisite gems. Off the beaten path, the nearly 70 year-old museum is housed in an ornately designed building from the period of the British Mandate. Architect Austen St. Barbe Harrison designed the building, located adjacent to the northeastern corner of the Old City, to seamlessly integrate architectural elements from East and West. Besides its magnificent white limestone edifice, the Rockefeller Museum also boasts an extraordinary collection of antiquities unearthed in excavations conducted in the country primarily during the time of the British Mandate (1919-1948). The Rockefeller Museum an off-site venue of the Israel Museum, Jerusalem.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunny-chan
The closer the US policy is to that of Israel, the better. Especially now that Netanyahu is about to take over as PM. I trust Netanyahu's instincts and policies to a far greater extent than I do Obama's (and I don't have an ounce of Jewish blood).

To those who call Israel terrorists: remember that no one who acts in your interest is a terrorist, no matter what they do. Whereas, anyone who acts against your interest is a terrorist if they so much as blow on a mosquito.

Obviously, Freeman's judgment of reality is too clouded by intellectual honesty in place of elementary understanding of self-interest. Exactly the last sort of person you want within a thousand miles of the intelligence function. Intelligence officials should be hard-nosed realists without concern for principle or sensitivities. If that were the case, we never would have had the NIE published a couple of years ago stating that the Iranians had put their atomic bomb program on hold. To think that the Bush administration allowed such a thing to be published shows just how incompetent they were.

They do not act in our intrest, israel is only worried about itself. israel was not supposed to have a-bombs and secretly made them, sounds a lot like what Iran is doing now doesn't it? Kind of hypocritical isn't it?

Freeman realizes that this is what happens if you try to take back land your great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather once lived on.

If I remember history right, they were utterly conqured and kicked out, as with most civilizations through time. Does that mean everyone can claim back land where they want to live as long as at one point in time their ancestors lived there? At what point in history do you place this point as we all as a race came out of Africa. Can anyone in the world go set up white only or arab only or asain only settlements because at one time their ancestors lived there??

Then why is it ok for israel?? If you lived in LA and a Mexican national has a book stating that at one point his people lived there, can he set up a Mexican only settlement and bulldoze American's houses who are on this land he is claiming?

If your house was bulldozed so that another people could take your land, and it had been going on for the last 60 years, how would you react? I hope you wouldn't just sit and take it, as israel thinks the Arabs should.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hmm I bet the key lobbyist for internet two are Zionist or have ties to Zionist organizations . Anything to stifle the truth .

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

Then why is it ok for israel?? If you lived in LA and a Mexican national has a book stating that at one point his people lived there, can he set up a Mexican only settlement and bulldoze American's houses who are on this land he is claiming?

If your house was bulldozed so that another people could take your land, and it had been going on for the last 60 years, how would you react? I hope you wouldn't just sit and take it, as israel thinks the Arabs should.

It is "ok" for Israel precisely because we have empowered them to do it, so therefore it must be ok. If I was a Palestinian, I would do whatever I could to get out of Israeli territory since I would realize that fighting them is futile and most likely to result in my death. Instead of looking for "the right of return," Palestinians should be seeking to relocate to other countries to get out of that mess. Of course, the countries in the region don't support that because they want to use the Palestinian issue as a wedge against Western interests.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunny-chan

Originally posted by breakingdradles

It is "ok" for Israel precisely because we have empowered them to do it, so therefore it must be ok. If I was a Palestinian, I would do whatever I could to get out of Israeli territory since I would realize that fighting them is futile and most likely to result in my death. Instead of looking for "the right of return," Palestinians should be seeking to relocate to other countries to get out of that mess. Of course, the countries in the region don't support that because they want to use the Palestinian issue as a wedge against Western interests.

So they should run away and abandon their homes? Would you do the same?

Maybe they aren't wusses and will fight for what they believe in and not run away like the Jews did from the Nazi's.

Though maybe they should as it seems to have worked for the Jews. They did get israel back after being utterly defeated by the Romans a millenia before.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by breakingdradles]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join