It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I watch Fox News every day purely for the drivel, but I'm getting pretty fed up of the crap he says and the way he says it, so I decided to send him this email:

"Mr. O'Reilly,

While I understand that you have a political ideology and a persona that you must follow, your reporting is completely biased and does not deserve the time of day. You give statements that are contrary to the truth, you abuse your position to sully the reputation of anyone who has even a different thought to your own. I am currently studying for a Film and TV production degree and throughout all of my studies on the News Industry, it is reporting such as that on "The O'Reilly Factor" that I would cite it as one of the most ignorant, self-obsessed and biased news programs I have ever seen. The reason Fox News still employs you is because of these reasons and I think that they should be held to account for letting someone such as yourself get on your high horse every day of the week. The point of a News programme is to present a typically objective view of current events and not let personal opinions on these issues be broadcast to billions of people worldwide. You also have to remember that Fox is a global thing; I live in the UK but am still able to watch Fox News at any time of the day or night and I think that this sort of thing is damaging, not just to yourself, which you may argue not to care about, but it damages your entire profession completely. You persue arguments that have no basis in fact in order to shout people down and have the last word, such as your report on same-sex marriages, where you claimed that a Government study showed that 65% of Swedish citizens were no longer entering into marriage. You then went on to say that the institution of marriage there has collapsed, to a marital pshycologist that had recently returned from Stockholm! This is but one example of a situation where you are in the company of people who are qualified, educated and well versed on the topic they have come on your show to talk about, yet you claim to know more on the subject than they do. This type of journalism is a disgrace to the media because you are creating divisions where there are none; bating the bear just to get a reaction. In the UK, you would be unable to find work as a news anchor or journalist because you continue to persue this unethical route into journalism. I think that a show of your type would benefit the viewers who tune in a lot more if you were not on Fox News but instead had a separate slot where you could talk about what you want. This alone would help create a more objective view of the media in public eyes, and the expressions and opinions on that show would be your own, rather than the ones represented by Fox News. You then have the cheek to charge $50 just to be allowed to post on your message boards, so that you cannot be held accountable by anyone unless they pay to do it, which then means that the only way of holding you to account is by e-mailing you which will not even solicit a response. For a man who claims to be in the "No Spin Zone", you certainly blow a lot of smoke."

Bill better reply to that!

I know this sounds like a rant, but i think that it is a valid argument that is putting a blight on the media by not representing arguments and facts in a structured and objective way. I'd kinda like other people to take it upon themselves to tell Bill exactly what they think of him and his style of reporting, and if they do, post it here!

[edit on 5-3-2009 by biscuit092]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
LOL as if he is going to even attempt to read that!

Nice try thou! Man he's annoying.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Lol yeah I know, but he just really makes me angry, I needed the 30mins it took to type that to cool down. I just watched the interview with Michael Moore and it just amazes me how ignorant he is. Journalism and TV is my career and I despise him for portraying the media in that way

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
lol yeah O'Reilly is pretty annoying. When I lived with my grandparents, they bought me a book for a christmas. Low and behold, it was "The O'Reilly Factor For Teens." It was an alright book but I didnt agree with much, go figure.

top topics

join