It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rules of Engagement - Procedures for encounters, etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This thread should probably get stickied.

Hopefully this weeds out the hoaxers that actually read the stickied topics.

First off - if you want to "claim" that you have had an encounter, or if you actually did have an encounter.

You need to go to actual REAL WORLD experts first, and prove the veracity of your claims.

If you have an "alien artifact" then take it to your local university, and tell them your story; I'm sure if you tried hard enough, someone would listen, a few tests by experts would determine if they are "interested" if so then you need to get in contact with the news media and you and your new professor buddy will be famous.

If you have had an "abduction" then you need to go to the doctor and get a checkup, at the very least if your mind is covering up something else that was traumatic (rape, torture, abuse, etc) a doctor might be able to shed some light on it, and even if you weren't abducted at least some inroads can be made to bettering your situation. Only YOU can make that first step.

For the people who just use words like "pleadian" and "annunaki" and other fairytale worthy stuff; Can we create some kind of repository (wiki) like page where we "Explain" all the (non)ridiculous theories, so that people don't have to ignore threads, and can at least agree or argue with some foreknowledge.

This thread needs to be stickied.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
To be honest I didn't really read your thread but I move for a requirement to somehow, whether in title or forum feature, state whether creditable sources are provided, or if needed.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I'm curious why people are still posting their "fun stories" without following some version of this...

I'm sure some of the accounts are credible and provable with some dilligence,

However; understandably and unfortunately, many real accounts are chance viewings or events that might not have been conducive to producible evidence, IE seeing something while you are out fishing with no gadgets handy, etc. This needs to be explained.

new topics

join