It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do they still do physical wiretaps?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Something happened to me today and I thought I would share with the ATS community.

I was not feeling well and (along with my coworkers who didn't want to get sneezed on) decided it was best to go home early. I had just stepped out back on my deck to smoke, when I heard a car stop and then a racket. Despite living in a fairly nice rural/suburban area of New Jersey, and having around 4 dozen police in my small town, my street has had some problems with break-ins and vandals. So, naturally I checked to make sure my car was alright.

As it turns out, it was the Cable Guy. They (2 men) were stopped at the end of my driveway one was setting up a ladder to scale the telephone pole from which run cable/phone/power lines to both my neighbor's house and my house. I had just had a conversation with my roommate about installing cable in my room, but he wasn't home and didn't say anything to me about calling them, so I just asked the guy on the ladder,

"Hey man, how are you? Are we getting an upgrade or something?"

and he replied, "Nope, that one," and nodded towards my neighbor's house. Only at that point did I notice that their lines came from the same pole. What made me suspicious was that only my lines were shaking. So I asked the guy,

"Are THEY getting an upgrade?"

to which he responded, "Nope."

At that point I noticed the other guy in the truck. The ladder guy called down that he needed [some numbers, I think it was like 8152's or something] from the pole, climbed down and stowed the ladder on the top of the truck. When he got back in the driver's seat, the other guy said something about growing up around here to the driver, and then they just drove away.

Now, maybe it's just me, but it was a strange little episode. The way the guy spoke to me, only my lines shaking, and then just driving off when it seemed to me like he needed to do something else. The whole thing took just over 2 minutes. It stranged me out.

It was little white RFM truck, which I know down the cable work for Service Electric Cable/TV around here. I didn't see a license plate on the front, and it's NJ law to have that, and didn't get a chance to see the rear plate.

My question is: Could my house have just gotten bugged? Do they even do physical bugging anymore? I'm a pretty big loudmouth about the New World Order, and I don't keep my views on the government or world affairs to myself at all. Could this have something to do with the DTV switchover? Has anyone else noticed weird cableguy activity lately? (I can't believe I just wrote that...)

Please let me know whether or not physical taps would still occur and if they would resemble what I saw the guy doing. The whole thing could have been totally benign, but it just seemed a bit odd to me how the two acted. Thanks ATS!

join