It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reply(?) Button for Responses From Posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Or maybe a "Did Anybody Respond To My Post" button!

I was just wondering, and thought it might be convenient if, whenever a post was made, and somebody hit the (REPLY TO) or (QUOTE) button and posted a response to that members post, if there could be another button that would actually bring you to all the responses of that post?

I'm not all that "tech" savvy as to how hard that might be to do on a site this big, but I thought I'd just throw this out there/here.

For example, one of the VERY busy threads here on ATS, maybe it was a day or two, (heck, sometimes an hour or two), when you come back to the thread after you posted a comment, and were wondering if anybody actually responded to "your post specifically", you might have to go through 5, 6, 7 or more pages of posts just to find out!

Sure would be easier if there was a button to see who might have hit (REPLY TO) or (QUOTE) on your post and see their replies/comments.

Like I said, I'm not all that "savvy" on what it would take to do that on a site like this, just thought I'd ask.

[edit on 2/9/2009 by Keyhole]

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yeah that works theres a facility on YouTube that sends you a message when someone has responded to your post.

Its pretty damn useful, I hope thats what your getting at or that kind of function.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Yeah I'd like to see this implemented too.

I mean if ATS can set up a media server, then surely a button to check out any possible replies for any given thread, should be in order.

I also kindly request the ATS staff to implement this option. Would make things much easier. Because I often forget which page I even posted on; in the case of it being a large thread.

join