It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look out! Global Currency is headed your way.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
To control the world, one needs to control the money. And effective way of gaining control, is to make a desirable item available from one source.
Money is VERY desirable to the majority of the population, unfortunately, and those who control the money are moving toward a single money source.

Former Federal Reserve Chairman Paul Volcker has said a truly globalized world economy needs a global currency.

Are you ready for Global Currency? - source for excerpt -

The article goes on to say, what I feel is the key to it all.

Also, central banks would not be in competition to maintain low-inflation rates for their money.

Well of course they don't want competition. The want it ALL!

… a Global Central Bank was proposed … as a way of managing both capital flows and trade balances between countries …

findarticles.com...

Of course, to make things "convenient", the currency will all be in computers, and you will need a card or trade"mark to access their/your money.

And then they will own you.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm more concerned about my freedom then what monetary system is in place. I used to write checks all the time and go into the lobby to withdrawl cash from a teller. Now I use plastic and the internet for 90% of my transactions. The only papers I care about are the Bill of Rights, the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and that Habeus Corpus thing. Dollar/Amero or whatever is as important as Celcius/Fahrenheit. Coke/Pepsi. Bud/Miller. Freedom is more important than sentimentalities and nostalgia.

Anyway, it's not like it's going to be complicated for me to convert the little I have.

The system currrently in place obviously does not work.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

When you can't buy or sell without the mark, then you will be concerned.

Soon, you will see the truth, but then, it will be too late.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by doctordoom

It really is this simple as I have said before.

Do not contribute to that which you do not believe is right.

Every action has an opposite and equal reaction.

No action, no reaction.

The getting there is not the hard part once you see how too, its what you do once you get there that is the problem.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

No, I don't believe it's really that simple.

There's brainwashing through advertising and propaganda, drugged water, poisoned atmosphere, etc.

It quite complicated and sophisticated. It's designed so that alarm bells are not raised, and people slowly come to accept it, like they have credit cards.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I mean the answer is simple.

Knowledge is simple, wisdom is the challenge.

Hope that makes it clearer.

People need to look at what gives money, television, politicians, governments etc power. A mirror is a good place to look.

This is part of humanities destiny and unfortunately it cannot be changed until the dust settles from everyones eyes.

The many have built there house on the sandy land.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is a seriously bad idea.

If the last year has taught us anything it's that globalization doesn't work.

This would be the ultimate move to total globalization. We would all be infinitely interdependent.

If anything, we all need to take a step back from the global table and make sure all of our nations could survive alone.
We need to ensure that every nation retains its ability to farm, develops its own methods of energy provision and use, creates its own industry and controls its own finances.

A global currency would make any future war a global one by default. Just look at how Russia is currently using gas supply as a means to control and bully other states. And the Ukraine is using it further as a political tool on other European nations.
With such complex interdependency, a global currency would entice all nations into any armed conflict the moment it arises.

This would be a SHTF moment for me. The moment any plans for a global currency are announced, I'll be making plans to leave society for a commune somewhere.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
I mean the answer is simple.

People need to look at what gives money, television, politicians, governments etc power. A mirror is a good place to look.

Ahh, the truth. Powerful and poignant.

I believe we can change though, "for the sake of the elect".

Meaning government can change for those who voted for them. And then we can all get along just fine. As long as the government hoards and give favortism, we are destined to doom.

We have much more control over our destiny than I believe folks realize. But it takes a effort beyond what we are currently doing. And we are rushing toward the vanishing point.

[edit on 30-1-2009 by doctordoom]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Conversely it could be argued that different currencies is why we fight wars. The curent monetary system allows countries and economies to be taken down simply by changing exhange rates. A one world currency would eliminate this. It would also make trade fair by default. Given equal currencies no one could compete with the USA.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I agree with your point.

I once said to someone, grow your own food if you do not like processed food, the response was to quote government legislation stating that the land is government owned meaning that is not possible.

People think they are wakening up because they watch something like zeitgiest and become aware somethings going on. Most of the public believe something is going on but they are not sure what.

Ive been looking into conspiracies now for around 15 years and the actual experience itself is far more important than if I were to say to you here is the answer. The answer is irrelevant.

People are starting in the wrong place and finishing back at the start for a reason, its called being wrong.

Good happens for a reason, it is an outcome that is possible from every action and for that very reason evil happens. Until people realise why we are here and who we are Humanity will start in the wrong place and finishing back at the start for a reason, its called being wrong.

This is still extremely important even if it is wrong because the wisdom will guide eventually onto the correct path.

Hope that makes sense.

PS the destiny part is what we are going through right now and you should realise this if you understand what I have written above

This post is you doing the tango to their music if you get me, metaphorically speaking. We are all victims of that music. Its hard not to get caught up, its so damn catchy.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Given equal currencies no one could compete with the USA.

How do you figure...??? Currency and exchange rates are all relative to the economic strength of a given nation using that currency.

Merging currencies only weakens an already strong currency while propping up a lower one. The issue is economies of scale. In China, etc. you have cheaper labor, and thus cheaper goods. If a global currency was adopted, either the Chinese laborers would be making more (same wage, but that wage now has more buying power, thus resulting in higher priced consumer goods), or the American laborers would be making less (in regards to their buying power of the same salary), and be able to buy less. Either way, it's a bad idea.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
What happens to all the old money? Will banks transfer old money to the new form? Or will we have to work our way up again?
And if we still have some of the old money, could we pay taxes with the old money that's left over or will we be forced out of our houses if we don't have enough "Deys"?

Yeah, I can't wait until that new global money system comes out.

[edit on 31-1-2009 by CNRHKick]

new topics

top topics

join