It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran president: 'Not feasible' for Israel to live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I knew this was going to be the end of the attacks on Gaza, and not a minute too soon, it was a basic fact that the area of discussion (Namely Israel) was going to find out how wrong they were for their attacks against innocent Palestinians.
They have thus far managed to get the US and our countries leaders, both Bush and Obama to be sympathizers for Israels cause, and if you asked me, "The President is just as much to blame as the Israeli's themselves." He could of done more for the innocent, than just lay back and let this atrocity go on, and I don't care about the politics behind it. It was wrong, and there should be major warrants issued for teh individuals that have taken part thus far, no matter what their status in the world.

In Tehran, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the fighting in Gaza has been "a great lesson for all," saying it shows "the absolute defeat and desperation of this (Israeli) regime."
He says that "even for the supporters of the occupying regime and its leaders, it has become clear that the continuation of the Zionist regime's life in the region is not feasible."

news.yahoo.com...

Maybe some peace will come the Palestinians way, they deserve to be pacified for a long time to come.
"All those poor people that were killed of innocence!!"

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

just to bold something

In Tehran, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said the fighting in Gaza has been "a great lesson for all," saying it shows "the absolute defeat and desperation of this (Israeli) regime."
He says that "even for the supporters of the occupying regime and its leaders, it has become clear that the continuation of the Zionist regime's life in the region is not feasible."

so we doing the whole zionest = Jews thing again and Iran wants to wipe Israel off the Map?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
TO: bodrul

I could care less for the Israeli and the Hamas, it is the people of that region that have my undivided attention. It is a crying shame that this had to happen, and what makes it even sadder is the fact that the Israeli's openly committed "Crimes of War" in front of the whole world, and The US governmental ideology condoned it.
This not intended to be a "Zionists, Hamas or Israeli" hate thread, it for the deliverance of the innocent people of that region.
"Nothing more!!"

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
I knew this was going to be the end of the attacks on Gaza, and not a minute too soon, it was a basic fact that the area of discussion (Namely Israel) was going to find out how wrong they were for their attacks against innocent Palestinians.
They have thus far managed to get the US and our countries leaders, both Bush and Obama to be sympathizers for Israels cause, and if you asked me, "The President is just as much to blame as the Israeli's themselves." He could of done more for the innocent, than just lay back and let this atrocity go on, and I don't care about the politics behind it. It was wrong, and there should be major warrants issued for teh individuals that have taken part thus far, no matter what their status in the world.

Maybe some peace will come the Palestinians way, they deserve to be pacified for a long time to come.
"All those poor people that were killed of innocence!!"

...a couple of issues
1) are you saying because Iran said something that Israel has stopped attacking Gaza?
2) have they stopped?
3) "they deserve to be pacified"? did you mean to say that?
4) if there is one thing that has been dead in Gaza and the middle east for a couple thousand years...it is innocence....
(((oops..and 5) make up your mind about U.S. involvement! You take the good with the bad or you should be for a meddling U.S. or a hands off U.S. pick one.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Res Ipsa]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I believe that this along with other statements from Iranian leaders and the nuclear issue, is exactly why Israel is trying to eliminate Hamas in Gaza.

Hamas is a proxy of Iran, the Israelis want to attack Iran, and at a minimum remove the nuclear threat. In order for that to happen they must eliminate Hamas' ability to retaliate on Israel before they launch strikes on Iran.

The idea that Israel will leave Iran alone is no longer 'feasible'

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

What are you smoking?
You make it sound like the Iranian president spoke and that it matters or something.
Hamas was finally beaten into submission and signed a truce agreement.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
ha, how predictable.
I knew it was just a matter of time until someone blamed Bush.

Them people will never be pacified, they don't want it pacification and they wouldn't know what it's like to be pacified.
They will always be at war, it is written.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight

What are you smoking?
You make it sound like the Iranian president spoke and that it matters or something.

I must have missed something on the news, can you point me to where it is written that Hamas has signed a truce agreement.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
To: Res Ipsa (REPLY TO: button on the fritz, once again!!)

1) are you saying because Iran said something that Israel has stopped attacking Gaza?

Not as of yet, I am watching press TV at this very moment, and the Israeli's are even being defended for having bombed the UN school, what I was intending was "It's about time somebody with the Arab connection at least trie's to stop this BS of a massacre.

2) have they stopped?

As I said above "Not as of yet." but there remains the plausible invasion of the Sunni-Arab people to pull together to oust the Israeli regime, they have accomplished nothing, and they will never win this "Sociopathic Genocidal" attempt of claiming something as insignificant as respect from people that don't even care for you, as much as they don't care for Palestinians.

3) "they deserve to be pacified"? did you mean to say that?

Yes, I didn't spell check "Sorry." all right?

4) if there is one thing that has been dead in Gaza and the middle east for a couple thousand years...it is innocence....

Yes, but it was on the terms of the region back then, not some wayward infidel waving around weapons of far more satisfaction than the Hamas or the Palestinian people can even imagine, besides, I was speaking for the innocent people that had nothing to do with the "Israeli" intentions of war on the Gaza Strip, which says a lot about the onslaught of the horrendous massacre.

(((oops..and 5) make up your mind about U.S. involvement! You take the good with the bad or you should be for a meddling U.S. or a hands off U.S. pick one.

A meddling US that didn't stand up for the humanitarian rights of the inalienable rights to live with out the worry from dying from and ally with happy trigger finger's and no moral conscience. The hands of goes in there as well, just to show it doesn't have to be "One or the other."

To: Walkswithfish

With the botched covert operations by the US and the people involved, I can honestly say that the Iranian government doesn't care for any finger pointing or hypocritical innuendo from either Israel or the US. We have backed Israel, even though the e Israeli's had "Good Intent" it has been an over stayed event, the event into nothing short of "Ethnic Genocide" and that is all there is too it.
"I wouldn't be surprised if Iran doesn't have the "Bomb" already.

TO: SectionEight

What are you smoking?

I am high on the fact that there will be a democratic (Supposedly anyway) government over thrown by a people that are not guilty of their proclaimed war.

Well, if you "Don't" think it matters, wait and see, the USA will back Israel and the Sh** will hi the fan for the entire global community. It would amaze me if America keeps her nose out of it and lets the Sunni-Arab nation's teach the Israelis a long forgotten lesson, at least it seems as if they have forgotten their own holocaust.

I am watching live from Gaza, it is not anywhere close to being a "Treaty" agreement.
"What are you Smoking?"

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hamas is begging in Egypt for a one year ceasefire but they don't seem to understand that the vanquished does not set the terms of an agreement.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectionEight
Hamas is begging in Egypt for a one year ceasefire but they don't seem to understand that the vanquished does not set the terms of an agreement.

With the Iranian President confronting the war in Gaza, for face value, he has stated on the Press TV that he wishes not to just boycott the Israeli
s from trade, But the USA as well. He knows what he is talking about, there have been a lot of attempts to over throw their regime.
The Palestinians of that area are going to be redeemed for teh acts of the US and the Israeli's, it will only be a matter of time when all hell breaks loose for us supporting the Israeli's through the Bush Admin., and as for the other poster the comment by "Alxandro
", "If you think that your perceptions are correct and ethical just because you feel patriotic or compelled to support Bush, your going to feel like crap when you realize you were nothing more than "Duped" for your support as well."

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
I believe that this along with other statements from Iranian leaders and the nuclear issue, is exactly why Israel is trying to eliminate Hamas in Gaza.

Hamas is a proxy of Iran, the Israelis want to attack Iran, and at a minimum remove the nuclear threat. In order for that to happen they must eliminate Hamas' ability to retaliate on Israel before they launch strikes on Iran.

I think your bang on with that one mate. The israeli prime minister even said last week that he wants to stop the real powers behind hizbolla & hamah - namely Iran & he cannot do this while they still are a threat to israle themselves.

sectioneight
As usual your comments are plucked from cloud cuckoo land

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by cropmuncher

Your over all views of the situation in the middle east is correct, for "Their" skirmishes, now with us being the for fronter's and backer's of Israel, we will be drug into another war we don't want or need as American citizens kept in the dark of the truth's that underlie the the very acts of the US governments action and intentions for these areas, be sides, I am more concerned for the Palestinians of innocent involvement. It is uncalled for and can be dealt with in a manner of the American Ideologies, if the PTB's chose to , "Humanitarianism, diplomacy and understanding" , somewhere that has gotten lost in our beaurocratical interpretation's of thing's are suppose to be, look at the US's current situation, "Why?" Big government spending and a relentless hunger from the greedy and demented.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

SERIOUSLY, seriously. have you been paying attention at ALL to what has been going on? or have you been too busy trying not to look down while you climbed the sides of your giant soapbox?

YES, "innocent" people are dying, but they are dying because of the style in which Hamas fights. If you use your own people as shields, and cower behind innocent women and children, you're not allowed to bitch when they get killed because of the position you put them in.

If Israel was trying to commit "ethnic genocide" they would just bomb the ever-loving hell out of the entire gaza area and be done with it. Are they doing that? NO. they are simply returning fire into areas from which they are being fired upon from.

Believe me, I am no war monger, I think the entire idea of war is ridiculous, and counter-productive. The only benefit to war is that it makes mankind think of new ways to blow eachother up, which in turn provides better technology for non-military purposes.

If I had my way, all of mankind would live together peacefully, under one government, working as one toward scientific advancement, colonization of space, etc. But as long as all of these differences that humans construct to give themselves excuses for killing eachother... nationalism, religion, etc. exist... thath's just a pipe dream.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whiterabbit85

For the "few" Hamas militants they have initiated into the "Death Count" it is not worth the civilian life.
I watch press TV and there is a lot of thing's being done that are "War Crimes against humanity" going on, you don't herd a group of forty women and children into a so to speak "Safe Haven" just to blow it up twenty four hours later.
You don't bomb a food depot that is put there for the multitudes because you have a Hamas member or two using it as a shield, you send in ground troops and force them out.
You don't take out facilities such as the UN building that was only housing innocent people and for only trying to help these innocent people , the Israeli's are permitted to do as they have done?
Your views of the Israeli-Hamas interaction is correct, they are enemies, and even if the people did "Choose" them as a representative, it is not the innocents fault. If that were the fact, Bush would of faced a tribunal a long time ago, and would of been found guilty.
I understand the points you are making, I just don't accept it as you do, I can't, I have more decency and morals than that, not saying you don't, you have a different point of view, and you are allow to own it, but I still think you are wrong for laying this to the initial propoganda of "They deserve this eradication process."

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Just going to say, this is war, decency and morals will get you killed. I have a lot of friends in the service, some officers, and I hate to say it, but if it's a choice between dropping a bomb from a plane, or sending your men into an ambush in a small enclosed urban area that the enemy has lived in all their lives... 110% of the time there will be a giant ball of iron falling from the sky, and i can't say that i would make that call any differently.

What makes the lives of the "innocent" any more valuable than that of the lives of the men and women that risk theirs every day for their country?

The places being hit with bombs, are places from which Israel has recieved hostile fire. Are you truly expecting one of the best trained, best equipped militaries in the world to tolerate pot-shots being taken at their people day in day out?

This isn't eradication, it's retaliation. And who's word is it anyways that these people being killed are civilians? Hamas is a militia, not a military, it's an entire fighting force made up of "Civilians". I wouldn't doubt at all that the number given for civilians killed is a drastically inflated one.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiterabbit85
Just going to say, this is war, decency and morals will get you killed. I have a lot of friends in the service, some officers, and I hate to say it, but if it's a choice between dropping a bomb from a plane, or sending your men into an ambush in a small enclosed urban area that the enemy has lived in all their lives... 110% of the time there will be a giant ball of iron falling from the sky, and i can't say that i would make that call any differently.

I would rather be honorable towards the men, women and children not really having part of this war, they wanted out to seek refuge, they were denied because of the affiliations of Hamas being acquired by the civilian population, if the tech that we have shared with the Israeli's is that "Stone-aged" then we should at least provide the Intel of these groups we have in our government to "Properly" deal with the carnage at hand.
Killing the Hamas insurgence is fine, but bombing the people of no threat is "Cowardly" we, and I am sure Israel, has the same kind of tech we use in our military, it's a blood bath, and that is all there is to it. And yes, I would fire at some one that is firing upon me, the only thing is that I would center my attention to the individuals, not the entire civilian population,

What makes the lives of the "innocent" any more valuable than that of the lives of the men and women that risk theirs every day for their country?

They aren't carrying guns and missiles, they are being put into a situation that is not what they wanted for their families or personal lives. The military are "Willingly" joined associates, they signed up for possible conflicts and death, civilians just want to live at a peaceful state, be left alone, and only want what the Israeli government had taken away in the 60's.
Israeli's downfall will be there actions, the Sunni-Arabs and the like are fortifying as we speak, if it does not come to an end soon, Israel will be inundated with the wrath of deservedly consequence.

The places being hit with bombs, are places from which Israel has recieved hostile fire. Are you truly expecting one of the best trained, best equipped militaries in the world to tolerate pot-shots being taken at their people day in day out?

Like I said above, "No gun, no threat." Their military forces have freaking eye's, let them use them, it is the over all hatred that drives the Israeli government,not to mention the fact that they want ot keep the land they so wrongfully acquired as "Just theirs" belief. It can be shared, peacefully, but the Israeli's don't want the Palestinians to even exist.
The leader of Iran was just on television this morning, the # will hit the fan, and the table will be set to a more balanced military situation, Israel will fall, they are not as strong or have the numbers of eh Arab nations, and they are all up in arms over these atrocities. The Iranian President was correct in his statement, for me being a US citizen, and having sides with the Iranian ideologies, it says worlds of true realities of these events being nothing short of "Genocidal , Ethnic Cleansing , Sociopath's" acts by Israel.

This isn't eradication, it's retaliation. And who's word is it anyways that these people being killed are civilians? Hamas is a militia, not a military, it's an entire fighting force made up of "Civilians". I wouldn't doubt at all that the number given for civilians killed is a drastically inflated one.

You tell me how men, women and children , that are "Unarmed" and being shot, bombed and positioned to places of so called "Safe Zones" with the trust of possible refuge, then only getting "Annihilated" twenty four hours later doesn't reflect "Irradicaton" process?

top topics

join