It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ejected from Cafe for being Israeli

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hi People,

Sorry for not replying sooner - work has been an absolute mish today...

I gave the Human Rights guy attached to work another call, and queried whether there was anything in our legislation that disallowed discrimination on the part of the Consumer. ie: If a person refused to purchase goods/services from someone simply due to their ethnicity/religion/age/gender etc.

Apparently there isn't.

Apart from if the reneging buyer then goes into a racial offensive/attacking verbal tirade or otherwise (in which case basic Laws regarding Assault - which includes verbal assault - come into play. They are also get a bit more flagged in 'intensity' if the assault is racial based)...then a Consumer is breaching no Law by taking their money elsewhere.

I can see the hint of hypocracy in that certainly.
A shopowner/seller can't refuse to take a buyers money on those grounds...but a buyer can refuse to spend the money on those grounds just fine and dandy.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

You most likely also have a couple of Jewish lenders that helped you start your Cafe without even knowing it

Nope. Paid cash. It was run down so i picked it up for a bargin

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
While it is sad that people fill this way I support fully the a persons ablitiy to kick someone out of their buisness for any reason.

If the guy did not like israilies would they really want to give him their hard earned money anyway. That is something I never understood about the civil rights struggle in America.

If they won't let you ride at the front of their buses why not start a bus company and don't let white people on. The money would have been easy to borrow because the civil rights movement was so well funded.

The reason the government should not be able to set who you serve is because pretty soon it will be how you serve and then they will be telling us what we can and cant read and before long bibles are being burned in the street.

I don't even believe in gov health inspectors. They will take a bribe as quick as somone from an indipendent firm then you could have a sticker system that said these companies think we are this clean. People can see if they want to eat there and then we would have a system of free advertising becaus the inspection companies would put the buisnesses they checked out on their website and if nobody checks them and you still feel like you would eat there that is your buisness, but I am off topic now.

After 911 it got acceptable to shun arabs for some reason and it still has not got back to where it should be yet. After I spent my time over in their countries I realised they hate terrorist worse than we do and how much worse their lives are made by them than anywestern nation could ever be. Sometimes ignorance like that it just takes something dramatic to change your view you know.

That may be extreme what happened to them but I remember I caught a plane out of the kingdom of bahrain and after I showed my US military ID I walked throught he medal detector and was then patted down by a male soldier. The females were patted down in a make shift changing room by female soldiers. "Side not girls can wear take tops there but 95% don't so the room was for the conservitive woman and not really a sighn of oppression" Then they said enjoy your trip and I checked in my bags. Yeah your medal detectored before you can even get into the airport there. In front of me was a middle eastern man with an Iranian passport. He was taken to a different room to be searched. Was this profiling, Yes, did it work? I have never felt safe on an air plane in my life. I got to eat with a metal fork, unheard of I know,

Then we touched down in amsterdam, then dallas, TX and U.S customs was worse than leaving Bahrain and I did not feel anywhere near as safe on a plane full of americans as I did on a Plane fulll of muslims.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Finally someone whos gut some steel balls

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
You most likely also have a couple of Jewish lenders that helped you start your Cafe without even knowing it

If the Jews ever get out of the moneylending(banking and investments) business, they might able to stop the worldwide anti-semiticism that's been going on for hundreds of years. But then, it probably not going to happened.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
actually this isn`t as uncommon as you think - and more and more its happening to americans in what is apparantly friendly countries

in the UK near at least 1 large soon-to-be-shut US air base the british are becoming anti american simply refusing entry and going as far as calling the police.

whilst the government might be the target of anger - its the people that suffer as a consequence of those actions.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join