It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Marrs is the best!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I haven't read Jim Marrs' new Above Top Secret, but I'd like to extend kudos for the outstanding research that he's done in writing books from Crossfire to Rule By Secrecy, which I consider a must-read for any serious student of conspiracies. [edit] Rise of the Fourth Reich is another fantastic but disturbing book that details where America is headed. Thanks to Marrs, Oliver Stone's JFK was more of a documentary than a dramatic narrative. It amazes me that there are people who still believe in the government's ridiculous Magic Bullet Theory. And 40 years later, 9/11 proved that nothing has changed. Actually, 9/11 is what woke me up and made me start researching what the hell was going on in this country. Who would've guessed that the rabbit hole was so deep?

If you want to understand this bizarre and highly deceptive "prison planet" plutocracy, no one explains it better than Marrs. I have friends who have a hard time with his "alien agenda" conclusions, but I know he's right. I'll occasionally see him on TV with his good ol' boy Texas accent -- or my favorite shot from a UFO TV special -- strumming a guitar on his porch. This always makes me smile, knowing that this seemingly simple and plain-talking man is one of the world's most knowledgeable people. I once heard Marrs say something like, "I don't believe anything that happens on this planet." I couldn't agree more. As the Buddhists say, it's all Maya.

Thank you Jim Marrs!

[edit on 9-1-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Jim is great. If he didn't already exist the world of conspiracy theories would have had to fabricate him.

What I like about his books is that they are very informative but also signposts for people who want to delve further into the situations he discusses. He indicates the trails to follow and the people to research.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenFleece

He also informs the readers to have their own opinion and not take his word for it. I have read books by Zecharia Sitchin and Laurence Gardner, who were in the bibliography. While I think Mr Sitchin is a little over the top with his Nibiru theory, I did enjoy his early books.

I learned of Jim Marrs through reading Richard Belzer's "UFOs, JFK and Elvis: Conspiracies You Don't Have To Be Crazy to Believe", a well researched book and humorous look at the subjects.

join