It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge Generation Bureau(KGB)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
its probably just a way to get people to go to the web site. the way they add a sense of mystery and wonder motivates you to go to the page and see what its about (even though we haven't made that clear)

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
So, I am reading all these people talking about how the kgb website installs malware. Maybe it is because I am old, but does anyone remember that the KGB is Russia's (formally the USSR) equivalent to the CIA .... The U.S. and Russia are not the "best" of friends right now.... hmmmm...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I am currently applying for a job with kgb. It's actually a text service like ChaCha. (gives you answers to any question via text] Only it cost money. I would not suggest you apply for the job unless you have nothing better to do. About five hours of my life has been wasted and I doubt I will get it. Anyway, beside the point, everyone who is getting the malware issue, do you use Internet Explorer? The site is set up particularly for Firefox. At least, all my training has had to be done on Firefox... Could be the problem. I got on it on my Mac with no problem. I have been using the site on Mozilla Firefox on a PC with no problem... When I tried to use the site on Internet Explorer. It had a freakkk out for sure. I have yet to get malware. It's very heavy with the HTML.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The Kgb.com site is not the site linked to the commercial you are all commenting on. What your are looking for is www.kgbkgb.com...
that is the website connected to the commercial. The whole point of the Knowledge Generation Bureau is that when you are out traveling and need to find something you send your question via text to kgbkgb (542542) and for $0.50 you get an answer. Reviews I've read have said that not all answers are what you are looking for, or up to par so you have to ask different questions and in the meantime rack up a pretty high cell phone bill.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Their website says Knowledge Generation Bureau Got a question? Text it to 542542 (kgbkgb) now. The answer to anything you want to know is just a text away. You must be at least 18 years old. kgb (www.kgb.com), is a privately held, New York-based company and the world’s largest independent provider of directory assistance and enhanced information services. Founded in 1992 with the name INFONXX, the company changed its name to kgb in 2008. When I looked at the website before it said was .50 cents per text. I can not find it right now but I know it cost.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
kgb has been around since 1992 formally known as INFOnxx. kgb originally were just 3 letter picked out that, that stood out and had no meaning. The name of the company name change was picked out by the person that picked out the names for "virgin", "orange" etc. He also decided that kgb stood for "Knowledge Generation Bereau". They do the text/answer kgbkgb (542542), and they also do 411 information calls. Depending on what company you have, you have probally called and talked to a member of kgb without even knowing it.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
ok......just text any question to 542542.......thats what kgb is....its just a texting company,....it is a bunch of agents....thats all...chill

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join