It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jaguar and Land Rover Dilemma

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Jaguar and Land Rover Dilemma

news.bbc.co.uk

Jaguar Land Rover is in trouble. Nothing new there. Ford sold the two British carmakers for reasons beyond its own dire finances.

But what is causing jaws to drop is how readily the Indian industrial giant Tata is going cap-in-hand to the UK government asking for financial assistance, less than nine months after acquiring the brands.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Whoa... OK... here are several reasons why this deal sucks:

1) Jaguar and Land Rover are owned by an INDIAN company

2) I thought Land Rover and Jaguar produced "gas guzzlers" that threatened to kill the polar bears?

3) Jag and Land Rover between them employ 15,000 workers - the UK government just let Woolworths crash and burn with the loss of 25,000 jobs (you can hardly say they're interested in saving jobs!).

4) In related news, Tata (the parent company of Jag/Land Rover) have just signed a deal to sponsor Ferrari in F1 next year!

news.bbc.co.uk...

5) Aren't we in enough debt already?

This has several rammifications:

* The UK Government clearly don't think the world is in trouble, and that CO2 really isn't an issue.
Again, actions speak louder than words, and this is the whole reason I think GW/CO2 is one big scam.

* That we're being screwed over by foreign companies as we're now seen as a soft-touch on bail-outs.

How can we the people veto the Government on this???

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-12-2008 by mirageofdeceit]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hate to say it but... let them burn. No one's going to come help me because I overextended my finances. Why should any company that's done the same get some benefit I can't?

Why would a company facing potential hardships choose to sponsor a race team (in particular F1- one of the most expensive forms of racing)? Are they looking to the UK gov't to bankroll their sponsorship of an Italian company?

And CO2 is not an issue. We have more because it's getting warmer, not getting warmer because we have more.

For the record, I'm in the USA where we have our own problems, some more grave than TATA's (hmm.. I like tata's). Maybe I should stuff some singles in their thongs?

[edit on 12/18/2008 by abecedarian]

[edit on 12/18/2008 by abecedarian]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Maybe they'll resurrect British Leyland to take them in again (and might as well include Aston Martin).

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
What a crazy situation, They are woried and might close shop on those two but have 60-70 million to blow on formula one teams that they don;t even own. My head hurts!!!

Zindo

top topics

join