It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking pictures of a policeman on fire after a petrol bomb was thrown at him in Greece

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Shocking pictures of a policeman on fire after a petrol bomb was thrown at him in Greece

www.fourwinds10.com

This sequence of photographs shows a protester throwing a molotov cocktail at a Greek riot police officer.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well pictures do speak louder than words. For humans to treat other humans like this truly shows how high emotions can rise way above rational thinking. Then again it might take radical actions before we can make government officials to think rationally. Wonder what the results will become of all this.

www.fourwinds10.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
This was already discussed earlier today:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just searched policeman + fire and it was the first hit.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by nyarlathotep

Good Catch...My apologies...mods please close.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This is just amazing.

I've never seen anything like it.

To the disenfranchised it is a treatise in photography of the potential power of a poweder keg they are sitting on.

To those in Power, it's abhorrent and a harbinger of our society's breakdown

To those who are just trying to play the game they've been handed but haven't yet experienced the brunt of this global meltdown, it's confusing and the very act of viewing it causes for the spread of this epidemic of uncertainty.

To children, what will this mean?

I remember my son was almost 4 when 9/11 occured, and he asked "Daddy, why did those planes fly into those buildings?"

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
It's funny, living in the USA we are used to citizens owning guns but you go to Europe and you see the cops with uzis sometimes. Now you see stuff like that in the US but you didn't used to. Some countries really let their protesters go nuts the biggest example of which is South Korea. Those riots are like staged warfare but you don't hear about people dying in them. If protestors started with molatovs here in the states they would be met with a very big response from a water cannon.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Gone
Haha sweet. I wish I could do that to policemen and get away with it like that dude.

I'm sure he didn't get away. Why would you wanna do that to a policeman anyway, most of them are just regular people doing their job enforcing the law.

posted on Dec, 12 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix

Originally posted by Mr Gone
Haha sweet. I wish I could do that to policemen and get away with it like that dude.

I'm sure he didn't get away. Why would you wanna do that to a policeman anyway, most of them are just regular people doing their job enforcing the law.

because i have been traumatized by police enforcement. i don't really care to discuss it, but if you've seen what I've seen, you'd feel the same way pretty much. Sure, maybe I need some counseling, but whatever...

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
If protestors started with molatovs here in the states they would be met with a very big response from a water cannon.

I read they already exhausted their tear gas etc., so the police had nothing but stones (!) to answer. Crazy.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

If they threw molotovs at police here in the states, they would probably be shot. In the riot control training I have went through we had designated shooters whose sole purpose would be shoot people with weapons and if need be shoot a riot leader who was directing the use of the weapons.

B-22. During a nonlethal engagement, a designated marksman supplies lethal overwatch to provide confidence and safety to those facing a riot. The marksman is in an overwatch position and armed with a standard infantry rifle, mounted with a high-powered scope. If a lethal threat is presented, he can scan the crowd to identify agitators and riot leaders for apprehension. He can also fire lethal rounds if warranted. Designated marksmen are ideally suited for flank security and countersniper operations.

Use of Force and Riot Control Measures
www.globalsecurity.org...

If a riot becomes excessively violent, we were trained to use empty rifles with fixed bayonets in the place of riot batons. Picture that for a second.

■The use of force (riot batons, M16 with and without bayonet, and fatal areas of the body to avoid when using them).

www.globalsecurity.org...

Bear in mind this was military police training, but my experience with civilian law enforcement while maintaining security at a refuge holding thousands of people displaced by Hurricane Gustav was that they were prepared to use lethal force if need be.

[edit on 13/12/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Yeah, Americans don't respond with Molotav Cocktails, they respond with bombs in Oregon Banks...

or just sit in their arm chair eating popcorn...

[edit on 13-12-2008 by DarkspARCS]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
the state,the state,the state is on fire,we don't need no water let the mother effer burn.

This is going to spread world wide,they attacked a police station in Bristol (UK) last night,mashing up all the cars and vans.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Pretty Much, If you have ever been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans before.When they come to clean the streets.It is a wave of horseback mounted police, then the line of riot foot soldiers and the fire trucks behind them spraying with fire hoses the trash down the gutters.It is amazing. They warn you for 30 minutes to clear that street or you will be cleared.It is a steady sweeping advance like a giant human being cleaning crew.

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Regular people doing their job? That's a bit of an understatement. They have sworn to protect their country, not shoot little kids. They have clearly made the choice against the people going through a lot of brainwashing doing and killing what they are told. Bad carreer choice if you ask me.

[edit on 13-12-2008 by Benarius]

[edit on 13-12-2008 by Benarius]

posted on Dec, 13 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Benarius

Wasn't the kid shot dead because he attempted to throw a fire bomb at a police car?

I would have shot him too if I felt my life was threatened.

join