It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question? NASA # 2 Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

This is the disconnect. You believe that an alleged statement by Farouk El Baz which is presented with no context is evidence that NASA is withholding discoveries of "what's really on the moon". The alleged quote does not say "not every discovery is available to the public". As I said before the fact that a discovery was not announced does not mean that it has been withheld. There is far too much data to "announce".

The "statement" from MacArthur was fabricated. The statement from El Baz is provided with no context and presented as proof that information is withheld when, in fact, it does not say that. It seem to me that those who present these fabrications and distortions as fact are the ones who are lying and deceiving. Please understand that I'm not accusing you. I am referring to the websites and videos that persist in the perpetuation this stuff.

[edit on 12/10/2008 by Phage]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

This is the disconnect. You believe that an alleged statement by Farouk El Baz which is presented with no context is evidence that NASA is withholding discoveries of "what's really on the moon". The alleged quote does not say "not every discovery is available to the public". As I said before the fact that a discovery was not announced does not mean that it has been withheld. There is far too much data to "announce".

The "statement" from MacArthur was fabricated. The statement from El Baz is provided with no context and presented as proof that information is withheld when, in fact, it does not say that. It seem to me that those who present these fabrications and distortions as fact are the ones who are lying and deceiving. Please understand that I'm not accusing you. I am referring to the websites and videos that persist in the perpetuation this stuff.

[edit on 12/10/2008 by Phage]

I think it's down to interpretation. I'm going to spend some time in trying to find a full and concise copy of that Saga interview. I sure would like to see the discussion leading up to that statement. If I do find it I'll be sure to pass it on to you.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

In the 1800's the first photo's of the moon were faked and they look just as real as the photo's we see today from Nasa. They had made a model of the moon and taken pictures of it. These pictures were released to the public as real moon photo's.

Here is a link to an Article about it. www.examiner.com...

Link to Video: link.brightcove.com...

If they could make a model of the moon that good in the 1800's think of what they could do now with our current technology. I'm a CG artist working in 3d programs it is fairly easy to make an exact model of the moon. It would take me only a few hours.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
NASA lie.

Why lie?

Control.

End transmission.

wZn

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFCThey spend more money and time then anyone here trying to find life on other worlds, ... ...they all of a sudden become the bad guy

They become the 'bad guy' because the money they spend is OURS from taxes and they won't tell us the good stuff.

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

good stuff: (gud stuf) 1) various substances and/or things that cost way too much 2) things the way one would like them to be 3) things the way they should be 4) things that one believes because of 2 and/or 3

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
No just the 'stuff' insiders tell me about... then tell me I can't tell anyone

Oh well... My need to know is greater tan YOUR need to know

BTW one of the guys in the McMoon project gave some interesting tidbits... but of course I can't tell

[edit on 11-12-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
How much more of our tax dollars have to be spent to tell us its just a bunch of rocks and hills?

After all, its just rocks and hills..right?

A pre-schooler can understand the concept of a rock and a hill the first time and doesnt need to go back his/her entire lifetime to that same rock or hill to understand its a rock and a hill...right?

Does real science have to verify x number of times that a rock is a rock and a hill is a hill to know for sure its a rock and a hill?

One would think that now that NASA knows its just rocks and hills, that all that money would go into putting mankind out into space and begin mining all that rock and hills to find untold resources and once again revive the concept of "The American Pioneer" instead of the repeating "its just a rock and hill, move along" catch.

Ho hum.

Cheers!!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
How much more of our tax dollars have to be spent to tell us its just a bunch of rocks and hills?

Oh a LOT more I assure you...

Seems NASA needs to find out about the gravity on the Moon and is sending a 3oo million dollar ship "GRAIL" to study gravity on the Moon. Thought they had that down pat with that Apollo thingy... Japan and India also carry gravity measuring devices paid for by NASA

Maybe John Lear was right

After all, its just rocks and hills..right?

Well sure the rocks are rocks, that's a no brainer... its the other stuff we are interested in

As to the Hills? Well in Lunar Orbiter images the Hills are jagged, rough with tall point spires and boulders strewn every where... but in the Apollo images the Hills are smooth and featureless, not one point jagged peak anywhere

Now I wonder how that happened from 1965 to 1969?

NASA is also spending millions on the LaCross Mission, whose purpose is to deliberately slam a spacecraft into the ice at the pole to 'see what they can stir up'

Gotta love those NASA scientists... they LOVE smashing spacecraft into things

A pre-schooler can understand the concept of a rock and a hill the first time and doesnt need to go back his/her entire lifetime to that same rock or hill to understand its a rock and a hill...right?

But these are the NASA scientists...

I think grade schoolers have them beat...

Does real science have to verify x number of times that a rock is a rock and a hill is a hill to know for sure its a rock and a hill?

Usually that is how science works, yes... and they get grants for that

One would think that now that NASA knows its just rocks and hills, that all that money would go into putting mankind out into space and begin mining all that rock and hills to find untold resources and once again revive the concept of "The American Pioneer" instead of the repeating "its just a rock and hill, move along" catch.

Mining has been going on for some time... but they are not shipping it home except maybe some of the HE3. ISRU is the key...

Cheers!!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Not "announcing" a discovery is not the same as concealing it.

Well, one could respond to that by saying that the protocol of NOT announcing a discovery is the very first step one must take if they choose to conceal it, right?

If NASA doesn't announce publicly that they have just made a discovery, that gives them all the time they want to analyze, confer with higher authorities, and decide whether to classify, conceal, obfuscate or alter some or all of that data before letting us, the general public, in on it.

It all really boils down to a question of trust, and in NASA I have none whatsoever. Not only did NASA have the means to cover things up, from a legal perspective they had their own incredibly wide interpretation of Executive Order 10501 and the definition of the term "National Defense" to follow, and their version of the EO allowed them to paint a broad "classified" brushstroke over just about anything that could be deemed controversial at all - and certainly forced them to cover-up anything related to the discovery of extra-terrestrial life (past or present).

Here is a link to the original 10501 Executive Order from 1953 (Eisenhower Admin.)
www.fas.org...

And here is NASA's interpretation of 10501, from the "NASA Security Classification Criteria and Guidelines" (doc NHB 1640.4), signed July 1st, 1966.

1. Executive Order 10501 requires that NASA classify certain types of 'official information' in the interests of national defense. Within the context of this Handbook:

a. The term 'official information' is defined as information which is owned by, produced by, or is subject to the control of the United States Government;
b. The term 'national defense' is interpreted in a broad sense to include not only considerations of military defense but also economic and political factors having bearing on the national defense posture."

By being made to interpret "National Defense" so that classification consideration had to take into account military, economic, and political factors, (which also means geo-military, geo-economic, and geo-political factors by default) NASA had little choice but to ensure the upcoming Apollo missions would not reveal to the public ANY evidence of past or present extra-terrestrial life they might find on the Moon. The now-famed Brookings Institute Report findings published in 1961 provided some earlier framework behind why it was deemed advisable to cover up any incredible discoveries like that, and NASA's version of 10501 solidified that framework in reference to the Apollo program.

Here is a link to the online version of NASA document HHR-32
NASA Office of Defense Affairs: The First Five Years
Chapter 14 - NASA SECURITY CLASSIFICATION PROGRAM.

This chapter deals specifically with the discussion surrounding NASA's adoption of their modified EO 10501 interpretation in 1966, and is quite an interesting read in my opinion.
history.nasa.gov...

So, why should I trust NASA to tell me what they have discovered at all? How many "unannounced" discoveries have turned into "classified" discoveries over the years? The answer is that we will never know unless they tell us (such is the way classification protocol tends to work). With NASA's interpretation of 10501 to follow during the Apollo era, it would have been a criminal act for NASA to reveal the existence of extra-terrestrial life to the public! That is a FACT.

Cheers!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Literally thousands of NASA Moon images are considered "CLASSIFIED."

Classified Moon images? Of what, craters and such? Woowooweee! Thems some top secret rocks (yes?).

C'mon, wake up.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavalFC
reply to post by RFBurns

Accusing NASA of a moon cover up is a stretch, even more so the Mars because taking detailed photos of the moons surface is not limited to NASA

furthermore I find UFO proponents bashing of NASA disgusting. They spend more money and time then anyone here trying to find life on other worlds, but becaus they arent receptive to the bizzare ideas that coe out of the UFO field, or they dont agree, or they wont study UFOs, what ever it is, they all of a sudden become the bad guy

[edit on 9-12-2008 by NavalFC]

NASA wastes more money rock hounding planets for all the unintelligent life on Earth to drool over. Millions upon millions of funds get diverted to rock photos and rock dust. It is truly amazing that there are rocks and other life forms around the globe. And better yet they should blow tons of money on sending monkeys to that barren wasteland called Mars. The sooner a primate is able to step on the surface of Mars the better. But hold on that's not all. If you look down the road ahead. You see these orange cones and yellow blinking lights. That means there's work ahead. It's going to take dedication and years of advancement to build cheap junk to send into space. Aluminum foil and toothpicks. And it's not even guaranteed to be a success! Can you feel the excitement? Don't you wanna be around when they announce that they have new pictures of rocks? Well hey I don't mean to get you all wound up. Here in the real world we have pyramids all around. We have NASA agents surveying third world countries for uhhh water pressure and drain ditches. It's important work. Who's still scratching their head wondering what's in the pyramid of the emperor of China? You know the biggest pyramid on Earth?

All these moon pictures are of salvaged junk and wreckage that was from the war called Revelations that is described in back of the Bible. Others are villages and ports that have been laid to waste. Maybe when the general public sets foot on Mars they'll discover the city of Armeggedon. Then again nuclear weapons don't leave much of anything behind.

Bring me back some rocks cowboy.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

NASA is also spending millions on the LaCross Mission, whose purpose is to deliberately slam a spacecraft into the ice at the pole to 'see what they can stir up'

:

That's great news. We will never know about that "it's something big sir" underneath the surface and detected by "the Space Marines" R2D2 unit. Usually the typical underground bases and terraforming reactors. It's not a huge concern for black prospects that want to go ahead with another diamond mine.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WISHADOW

Originally posted by zorgon

:

That's great news. We will never know about that "it's something big sir" underneath the surface and detected by "the Space Marines" R2D2 unit. Usually the typical underground bases and terraforming reactors. It's not a huge concern for black prospects that want to go ahead with another diamond mine.

Is there a translator in the house? Someone is going to have to explain what this is all about as I can't make heads or tails of it. Space marines and R2D2!!! Seriously? I hope this is someones idea of a joke because if it Isn't I can see a small padded cell and lots of electric shock therapy in your future. . .

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Just a bit of info for you......if you want to hear Macarthurs voice himself and listen to him say it just go to youtube and listen to him say it, it was his farewell speach at west point...someone must have audio of the same rare footage that i have, it probably wont be up for long.....and if you have any more doubts I can send you a copy of a rare video recording of him making that very speach if you want to give me a way to contact you.....dont ask me how I got it or even where it is but I'll send it to you if you want(dvd copy of course) .....

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join