It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare 50 Year Arctic Blast to hit California!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I live in the Calif desert and i am getting the snow chains ready.

all i can see is the weather patterns going back to normal.
until about ten years ago it was common to get 2 or three snow storms in the desert where i live each winter (CHINA LAKE Calif)

posted on Dec, 10 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Good. Maybe if California gets snow, I won't get so much up here in the midwest.

Plenty of it on the ground already, and its only mid-December.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Don't feel bad, before you guys get it I will be in a deep freeze, Saturdays high is -23C, or -10F, now throw in the wind for wind chill factor and we will probably be at about -30C or -22F, last winter it dropped to -49c which I believe is the same in fahrenheit, talk about freezing the balls off a brass monkey.

Looks like it will be a movie rental weekend.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rollinster

Originally posted by ambushrocks
Just as predicted...lol

www.belowtopsecret.com...

You predicted:

I believe some places that have never experienced a blizzard before will see one for the first time this winter.

This is hardly a prediction as a more blanket statement can not be made.

Also, "never experienced" would disqualify the prediction as well due to the fact it is on a cyclical pattern of 50 years.

Good times ahead.

It was in the high 50's this morning where I live. Brrrrrr

Yes the 50 year cyclical pattern is indeed not like "never experienced" but I believe there's more to come. We will see.

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Source

For example, in 1976 an abrupt change in the temperature of the tropical Pacific Ocean preceded a rise of two-tenths of a degree in global air temperatures.

"This phenomenon looks like El Nino, but with a much longer time scale - El Nino occurs over a period of from nine to 12 months, but this fluctuation lasts for about 25 years," he continued. "In 1976, the ocean temperature change in question occurred very quickly, moving from cooler than normal to warmer than normal in about a year."

Bratcher and Giese report that now conditions in the tropical Pacific are similar to those prior to the 1976 climate shift, except with the opposite sign. If conditions develop in a similar way, then the tropical Pacific could cool back to pre-1976 conditions.

25 year fluctiation....1976 + 25 = 2001
7 Years of El NiƱo, 2001 + 7 = 2008

So Global Warming and natural cyclical climate variations may cause abrupt changes in water temperatures and a climate shift towards a colder Pacific Region for possibly the next 25 years, offsetting any contraversial "green house effects".

more info

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I guess they could no longer hide the fact that it has snowed here in northern california every winter for the last 5 years. I am only 45 minutes north of San Fransico mind you..... but hey it has been really cold and super foggy leaving alot of frost around on ranches. This past weekend it was 19 degrees at around 530am on our friends ranch.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join