It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Enthusiats Call on Obama for Disclosure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

UFO Enthusiats Call on Obama for Disclsure

www.telegraph.co.uk

Desperate to see the US emulate the British Government and disclose reported "contact" with UFOs, the enthusiasts have written to Mr Obama to ask that his administration comes clean about the contents of America's "X-Files".

They believe they have good prospects of success after public statements of support from both John Podesta, who is running Mr Obama's White House transition team, and Bill Richardson, the Governor of New Mexico - a UFO sighting hotspot - who is expected to secure a cabinet post.

In the letter to Mr Obama, the Extraterrestrial Phenomenon Political Action Committee calls on the President-Elect to "end the six-decade truth embargo regarding an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race".
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: To correct spelling in the topic title.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Now here's a story; insiders in the President-Elect's sphere of influence are supporting the idea of releasing some of the information America has on Extra-Terrestrials.

More to the point, the international community has in all actuality been calling for the same disclosure by the US, and they may now have an outlet to speak to, after being brick-walled for the past 8 years at the least.

How many of you think Obama might actually go along with this? I honestly do believe that, even if he doesn't bring on full disclosure, that he will at one point during his presidency make off-hand remarks and subtle introductions about our friends from the stars. Maybe its just me, but I just can't picture the Presidential Address with main topic being aliens just yet.

www.telegraph.co.uk (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I hate to break it like this but topics such as this are not really up to the President, they're on a need to know basis. Let me elaborate. It is clear that some Presidents have been more privy to such information than others, this is no coincidence. Despite popular belief the President does not have an unrestricted clearance pass, no such thing exists, for anyone. If Bush were to ask tomorrow for specific information on the mechanics of NSA equipment he would be denied, if general curiosity on the part of the President was the motive. And when institutions who have been, and will be here, for far longer than the President play dumb there is not much Obama can do. And you do not want the Military and Intelligence Community against you (over what is essentially a fringe topic) during critical times such as these.

But hey, never hurts to write and hope.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by WestPoint23]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If what Mr. Grey says is true, then Obama already knew something, or at least had interest in it, before he became president.

new topics

top topics

join