It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a ROD ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
So you think it is a raindrop ? I've tried taking pictures of moving vehicle before, it was never so bad (i mean didn't leave a trace). I will try during the rain, raindrop suggestion sounds valid.

posted on Nov, 16 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Mr Green

His name is Eddie Guerrero RIP

H was a wrestler.
Cheesy I know but hey gotta escape the real world sometimes

Indeed, sorry I didnt know he was no longer with us. RIP Eddie.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
luckily today it is raining. here is photo in the rain ... hardly can see any raindrops at all:

another thing to try is taking photo of hail..

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Your right no RODS in that pic. I think even if it did hail where you live it would just look like that, a hail storm. RODS look nothing like rain or hail or snow or what ever, they seem to be just one or two moving images within a frame. The programme I saw proved they were the wings of tiny insects and flys that appeared as a ROD on screen. I really do think what ever weather you take a photo of with or without a chimney in its still gonna just look like weather .

Your original photo to me looks like the trail from an aircraft climbing very steep. Do you live near an airport or even have one within 50 miles of you?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Looks like a crack or something in the screen of your camera. My phone has something similar

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by silencee
luckily today it is raining. here is photo in the rain ... hardly can see any raindrops at all:

You have to wait until there is some sun showing through the clouds, as in the OP's picture. Maybe also some angles are better than others.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is actually spider web as the light is hitting it. Thats why it looks rather big. Its just the light. It isnt attached to anything by the looks of it.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Ok I can see a lot of obtuse posts about RODS...they are a real phenomenon and have been photographed and caught on video all around the world by people of various classes.

These are not insects as they have been seen in various sizes from 1" to 6-10 feet long. Insects don't fly at the speeds or altitude many of these things have been seen at.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Rod is Jesus..

Heres 3 pics i took in burst mode with something flying towards the camera..

s292.photobucket.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Ok I can see a lot of obtuse posts about RODS...they are a real phenomenon and have been photographed and caught on video all around the world by people of various classes.

It is true that people are really seeing them in various images, but what is causing the things to appear on various media can be inferred through analysis and experimentation. No reliable witness has ever seen a rod in real life, they are mainly seen on video. The “rod effect” can be reproduced using a video camera, and can be duplicated in a repeatable scientific manner by anyone. Low light conditions in particular are contributing factors. Any objects rapid movement across the video sensors field of view will elongate as the frame rate of the camera cannot capture a clear image, the resulting sequence will show the classic rod phenomenon.
Insects and even tiny gnats can look like Rods under the proper circumstances. Birds or windblown debris in a wide range of sizes can cause the effect. In outer space, ice particles and pieces of debris have also caused the effect. Often a type of undulating wavy structure can be seen running along the sides of the “rod.” This repeating pattern gives grounds for believing that there was something moving rapidly on the object. An insects, or bird’s wings repetitive up and down motion is a likely explanation. A smooth appearance can result when the object is stable during its transit of the cameras field of view. A bird that was gliding or a non rotating piece of space debris is an example of the smooth looking objects. The translucent nature of the phenomena is dependent on the lighting angles and can cause them to appear to disappear when passing in front of clouds or anything with similar colorization

These are not insects as they have been seen in various sizes from 1" to 6-10 feet long. Insects don't fly at the speeds or altitude many of these things have been seen at.

The illusion of a rod being very large and or fast moving is explained by the fly-by of a small object close to the lens. If we do not know the precise distance and speed of the objects in question, we cannot accurately assert the size or speed of the object.

I made this YouTube video to demonstrate the illusion, it shows how the phenomenon can be reproduced.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by prototism

Originally posted by bloodline
Borderline comedy.

What is the point of threads like these?
Its either ignorance, trolling, or disinformation. If I had to guess, I would say it was the first choice.

With all respect here, what's the point in attacking the OP ?? He/she took a picture with something they consider strange within it, posted it here for opinions. If you find that difficult maybe read/contribute to another thread, and what do you find ignorant about it ??

That said, i first thought it was rain drops until i opened the whole picture up, after looking at it for a while it looks like some kind of kids water rocket. OP is there a school in that direction ?? If so maybe it could have been a science experiment ?? Also another thing to consider, it could be a firework, i'm sure there was plently left over after bonfire night.

Kind regards

satellite1

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
i'll do more pics from the same location tommorow. hopefully there will be sun out..
by trial and error might get somewhere in the end

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Retracted.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by bloodline]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by silencee
i'll do more pics from the same location tommorow. hopefully there will be sun out..
by trial and error might get somewhere in the end

You seem to need to take a photo of this area to see these RODS. can you not see them with your eye? Can RODS only be seen when captured on film? Those houses look like UK in location am I right? Its just the buildings look familiar in design to me.

Im still not convinced these things actually exist but Im willing to be told other wise, like I said I used to be a real fan of them until I was convinced they were insect wings.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
yes UK, as i said earlier Plymouth to be exact, and the airport not far from the city, within 10 miles (that's where trails on one of these pictures come from)
so here are todays photos. there was some sun.
early morning:

same time view to the left:

during the day:

same time view to the left:

don't think it helps much need the exact condtions.
but i have got a picture i took week before the one with a rainbow, but location a bit different, mobile phone the same..

[edit on 18-11-2008 by silencee]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by silencee

Is that a possible chem trail in your second pic there? Looks very much like one.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:50 AM
link   
not sure about it. it doesn have to be chemtrails.
and i haven't seen any planes in here mounted with anything on them to produce chemtrails.

edit:

AT 172 dBA FOG IS CREATED, DEPENDING ON THE TEMPERATURE, DEW POINT AND HUMIDITY

this can be the reason for the trails

[edit on 19-11-2008 by silencee]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join