It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets Talk About an ATS Killfile

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
truth is in the eye of the beholder. the i-want-to-believers vs. the im-skeptical-of-everythings.

since there is no possible way to prove absolutely anything in absolute certainty, and virtually anything can be constructed, truth is simply a matter of choice.

and what if youre sick of hearing the "ignorant skeptics" or perhaps the "ignorant believer"?

i propose we have a "killfile" list of the die-hard skeptics, and the die-hard believers who rouse the most attention or conflict. then we can simply choose to add them to our "killfile" and ignore them in groups.

this will make the content much less confrontational, and blindly negative. we get enough of that just watching the news.

i say we should start adding names to this thread for either "skeptic" or "believer" and build a killfile list. having an option of removing these people who are only interested in an "opposing viewpoint" would lead to much less frustration while surfing the boards.

i truly believe there is no point in "debunking" or saying someone's viewpoint is foolish or isnt real. it would be just as easy to debunk the debunkers, or make the believers believe something else. its a matter of choice, and i think we should have the option to group-block all the negative naysayers or blind believers, based on choice.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well truth usually has facts backing them up.... and well Lies, have other lies and more lies backing them up... sooner or later the story breaks down if it is based on a lie, but truth is rock solid and believible, show me some facts and lets see where they lead the investigation...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
not a bad idea, I also suggest we have a list of morons/trolls on file, that we all universally ignore. People like the user "beforetime". Just read his posts, but you're probably better off not reading his posts and just taking my word for it.

I only have two people ignored, and it's because both are morons. I don't usually look at who posts something before I read it, I try to take all replies seriously. recently I've read just some really stupid stuff, and more often than not when I went to look up at the name, it was beforetime who posted it.

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Moderator-Note

Sorry. As much as many agree with your sentiments, we dont allow witchhunt threads, threads about other members or member-list-threads on ATS.

Thread closed.

top topics

join